new exhaust question

white98gt

Reaction score
just installed a mac o/r h pipe yesterday. great sound, but, the smell. smells rich. i guess the cats held all that in. have all 4 o2's in. oh well. love the sound. any feedback guys? thanks.

OP
OP
W

white98gt

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.

97blackgt

Reaction score
the smell is never going to die down....but u will get used to it after a while

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:

To me it's the best smell in the world. :laugh:

OP
OP
W

white98gt

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
small price to pay...i can live it.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.

Your right- putting headers on our 4.6's are nothing less than a pain in the ass!! ;D

blackfang

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:

Your right- putting headers on our 4.6's are nothing less than a pain in the ass!! ;D
Don't remind me. I have had 2 4V's with Longtubes. It still sucks even the second time around.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:

that why you install a tubular k-member. ^-^

jpajkos

Reaction score
When I got my LT's the smell wasn't as bad. When I got tuned it ran and smelled alot better.

Whistler98

Reaction score
I never really minded the smell at all and now I don't even notice it. If you just put them on some of the smell might be coming from the new pipes they always smell at first got to burn off the stuff they are coated with. But as for the normal exhaust smell I don't mind it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online