New Gears.. Break in questions.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
You break gears in gently?? Never.... My method of break in is drive it like you plan to drive it every day. I put gears in them rip out of the driveway to see how much more then have.. Have yet to kill any

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Haha yes! You are awesome :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You break gears in gently?? Never.... My method of break in is drive it like you plan to drive it every day. I put gears in them rip out of the driveway to see how much more then have.. Have yet to kill any

Well I went by what the guy told me. I have some gear whine since I left the shop after they were done.. So he's gonna adjust them tomorrow, along with replace the abs sensors he broke and do the speedcal.. I did rip on the car once I left, drove it normal but not as lead footed. Ripped on it this morning, spun from a dig and got it sideways haha

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Haha yes! You are awesome :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks hun, I try!

Well I went by what the guy told me. I have some gear whine since I left the shop after they were done.. So he's gonna adjust them tomorrow, along with replace the abs sensors he broke and do the speedcal.. I did rip on the car once I left, drove it normal but not as lead footed. Ripped on it this morning, spun from a dig and got it sideways haha

IMO shops tell you baby it out of there so if they don't have the gears settled right you are a good distance away before it starts to whine, shutter,etc. The Abs sensors break all the time.
I drive lead foot all the time. The car is meant for fun so I have fun always when I drive it. Sideways hitting second is a daily occurrence for me..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks hun, I try!

IMO shops tell you baby it out of there so if they don't have the gears settled right you are a good distance away before it starts to whine, shutter,etc. The Abs sensors break all the time.
I drive lead foot all the time. The car is meant for fun so I have fun always when I drive it. Sideways hitting second is a daily occurrence for me..

Yeah I kinda figured that. He told me have fun when I pulled out, but he said you can wait a bit if you want, up to you yadda yadda. As soon as I drove away I heard the whine. He never said anything that the abs sensors would most likely break. He was like there old, and when they were removed to make way to pull the axles, something obviously broke. I was like no biggie, than I looked up how much they cost and was like **** that $180. So whether he's getting used ones or new, idc as long as the light goes away and the abs functions as it should. I usually drive with a lead foot, sometimes I take it easy though because its no fun watching the gas needle drop quickly LOL. Thats awesome, I love throwing the ass out sideways especially from a stop or rolling into it hard in a turn lol.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured that. He told me have fun when I pulled out, but he said you can wait a bit if you want, up to you yadda yadda. As soon as I drove away I heard the whine. He never said anything that the abs sensors would most likely break. He was like there old, and when they were removed to make way to pull the axles, something obviously broke. I was like no biggie, than I looked up how much they cost and was like **** that $180. So whether he's getting used ones or new, idc as long as the light goes away and the abs functions as it should. I usually drive with a lead foot, sometimes I take it easy though because its no fun watching the gas needle drop quickly LOL. Thats awesome, I love throwing the ass out sideways especially from a stop or rolling into it hard in a turn lol.

$180?! Damn Eff that. I actually had one break on lil blue when I put the rear in and just said screw it and put it back together. Right now the light doesn't bother me. If it starts to I'll just pull the bulb lol. Car stops just fine.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I broke mine taking apart the rear end the first time around. And I found out they were $100 a pop (here anyways), and said screw it. Got my new rear end after I blew out the old one with the 3.55's in it, and it had brand new sensors installed.... 2 weeks after installing it abs light comes on and trac off light comes on... Da fak.. Jack it up, the passenger side cable was severed. Yep. Straight up severed. Nooo clue. So, ever since then, been rolling like a badass with no abs or trac control. Fak it, I'm not paying for something I truly do not need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online