New guy, 98 GT, needing a 4v

slocus_st

Reaction score
hey guys, new member from fort hood texas. I have a 98 gt that has a long list of mods. Really in need of a 4v now! Once i return from deployment i will be on the hunt for a wrecked N/A cobra, preferably 96-98. My car has 2004 cobra wheels (nos) cobra brakes, hood, front and rear bumpers, saleen wings, cervini scoops, fr500 steering wheel, cobra airbag cover, gauges, and mach 460, so its just ready for the actual drivetrain ha.

Also has alot of random suspension bits, 3.73 gears, hurst shifter, full exhaust
as far as the old 2v goes, its got alot of bolt ons, and has been PI swapped, tuned by bama (i know not the best)

I also daily a 2014 focus st, with some bolt ons, mostly suspension stuff

My previous project was a 2000 z28 that i did a complete N/a build on, will be for sale when i return from deployment as well!

thanks
nick

th_174.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Man! Nice list of mods there and you have to get rid of the camaro asap! lol

Youre Fort Hood, I take it youre Army? Where you deployed right now? Im also Army and did a couple tours in afghanistan.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Nick,

Thank you so much for your service.

What kind of horsepower are you looking for? I have a 98 GT original short block rebuilt. PI heads rebuilt with stock cams. Ford Motorsports intake. But here is the important bits. Full BBK intake from the cold air kit to the throttle body elbow. The BBK shorty tuned headers to BBK cat delete X pipe then Roush side exhaust. I had it professionally tuned. I have yet to come across a 98 or earlier Cobra I can't beat. I have been beating newer cars. It goes without saying I do not know the other cars condition. But well matched parts with a proper tune can make a world of difference. To put a Cobra engine in your car your going to spend quite a bit of coin getting it right and you won't be to far from where you are now.

Jake

OP
OP
slocus_st

slocus_st

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Man! Nice list of mods there and you have to get rid of the camaro asap! lol

Youre Fort Hood, I take it youre Army? Where you deployed right now? Im also Army and did a couple tours in afghanistan.

I didn't list everything it has because I didn't think it was super important! Thanks!

Camaro will be sold as soon as I return from the old sandbox.

Yeah! Army also, I only have til Feb when I start my terminal leave!!

OP
OP
slocus_st

slocus_st

Reaction score
Nice to meet you jake.

I have literally every bolt on you can throw on this car...

Tubular k member, full poly bushings, subframe connectors, eibach suspension, bbk fenderwell cold air to a 75mm throttle.body and plenum, underdrive pullies, overdrive for the HO alternator, Ford racing plug wires, screaming demon coils, zex wet shot kit, Ford racing shorties, borla h pipe, magnapack mufflers, aluminum drive shaft, king cobra clutch, 3.73s, and a 93 tune.

Honestly probably alot more that I am forgetting..

My plan is to find a crashed or cheaper 96-98 cobra take the seats for my car, take the drive train and put it in my car, part out the cobra what's left, and sell all my 2v stuff.
After all that is said and done I hope to only spend around 2k tops on a 4v with trans.

My car is way to clean, only 60k miles and already cloned... it needs it. Haha.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Nice to meet you jake.

I have literally every bolt on you can throw on this car...

Tubular k member, full poly bushings, subframe connectors, eibach suspension, bbk fenderwell cold air to a 75mm throttle.body and plenum, underdrive pullies, overdrive for the HO alternator, Ford racing plug wires, screaming demon coils, zex wet shot kit, Ford racing shorties, borla h pipe, magnapack mufflers, aluminum drive shaft, king cobra clutch, 3.73s, and a 93 tune.

Honestly probably alot more that I am forgetting..

My plan is to find a crashed or cheaper 96-98 cobra take the seats for my car, take the drive train and put it in my car, part out the cobra what's left, and sell all my 2v stuff.
After all that is said and done I hope to only spend around 2k tops on a 4v with trans.

My car is way to clean, only 60k miles and already cloned... it needs it. Haha.

No need for the trans, they are the same unless you luck up and find one with a t56. So whats the ultimate plan for the 4v? Just to say youve got it?

OP
OP
slocus_st

slocus_st

Reaction score
I was pretty sure the transmissions were the same but I wasn't 100 percent on that. It's a fairly easy swap and I've seen seeing cobras go for 3k with Collison damage so I figure I can only be out 1k for the swap after part out/2v part out.

I went n/a on my ls so I figure boost on the 4v. I looked into using the on3 kit and using a 76mm precision turbo. I know these kits require some work to fit right.

Or my second option was procharger route I have 2 friends who used them. One 2v and one 4v, but that's later on.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Come to orlando and buy my mach 1 seats sitting in my room.

Way mo betta then regular cobra seats.

OP
OP
slocus_st

slocus_st

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! @tally haha im half way across the globe right now, but no thanks.. im going to try and find a car with good seats in it, i already have the black leather rear seat, i have 40th anniversary seats right now that i will be selling when i find a car with good fronts.

I take it this board is the most active? i have just started on a few forums within the past week, this one has given me the most responses!

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! @tally haha im half way across the globe right now, but no thanks.. im going to try and find a car with good seats in it, i already have the black leather rear seat, i have 40th anniversary seats right now that i will be selling when i find a car with good fronts.

I take it this board is the most active? i have just started on a few forums within the past week, this one has given me the most responses!

You wont find a better forum than this one. Everyone here is so down to earth (of course there are exceptions). The knowledge here is also worth its weight in gold. This really is a community rather than just a forum.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
They are out there bud, and thanks for your service. I know alot of people say that, but in this day and age what you and other on here do, really neans something. Now onto the 4v, you can pick up a whole wrecked cobra pretty cheap, but before you do read the red headed 3v build thread. They flow better, and come with a aluminum block also. Throw a forged asembly in it and you got a block able to handle 1000hp+.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online