New guy, care to check out this GT and tell me what you think?

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
I posted a thread in the newbie section and some guys told me this would probably be the subforum for asking what a particular Mustang is worth. Got a local guy wanting to trade for my 300ZXTT and I'm curious what you guys can tell me about it since you'll be unbiased, I'll just copy/paste his emails with info on the car and throw up some pics. The last email was a reply to mine, what I asked him wasn't really that important, mostly just if the motor had the 81k he mentioned, or the whole car with the motor having less.

331 with 81k miles 5 spd and a ridiculous amount of suspension. Recently added
ac as it is a rare 95 GTS car, I am asking $8k for it and like your 300zx it
needs a little work on interior really just on small bad place on driver seat.
If interested call me after 5pm at xxxxxxxxx or email.

I have no signal at work unfortunately.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do, but it is easier for me to text after work.

Previous owner put in a CHP 331 streetfighter short block, it has edlebrock performer RPM heads and Edlebrock performer RPM upper intake. He didn't have receipts, but my shop went through it with a fine tooth comb and it is exactly as described.

I just replaced all gaskets, rear main seal, upgraded the injectors and had it tuned. I have a video on the dyno that I can text as well. Made 330 whp and 340 rwtq. Very fun car with loads of instant power.

World class t5 transmission with a centerforce clutch, new speedo gears to match the new 3.73 gears (speedometer reads right).

Mechanically everything is perfect, exterior just had a fresh paint job and it has brand new tires front and rear.

Suspension is as follows. Eibach lowering springs, tubular K member up front adjustable rate shocks in rear for traction, subframe connectors welded on, drive shaft loop for additional safety with a ford aluminum drive shaft.

No expense spared on this car, top shelf parts everywhere. Seriously nice car, if I could find a black leather driver's seat and the door pulls (tabs broken, gts has manual windows and these are proving difficult to find), this car would be flawless.

More info than you asked for, but rather you get a full story rather than fluff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! I feel everything u have said! I used to be a strictly corvette guy then I built a 350z had 641 whp when I sold it and to be honest I just miss a turbo!

Seriously the reason I'm selling my mustang is because I am tempted to turbo it. If u can believe it.

Now in terms of the odometer, engine has less than 30k on it and when it was all said and done the odometer died, so I replaced it.

Engine was done at 130k on old speedometer and I replaced odometer with 161350 miles, just so happened my buddy had the 81k odometer so I put it in. No trying to be deceptive but honest, entire drivetrain was replaced or rebuilt and has around 32k miles that's everything from the heads to the differential with 3.73 gears :).

I wished that I had the receipts but I don't. Car hits hard drives great and the only thing I would do to it is swap to coil overs in front so I could raise it an inch, because it scrubs if you hit to large a dip while driving. Isn't bad, I'm just anal lol!

We should talk in the phone lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Way I see it... Judging on the pix it just LOOKS like about mid 100's in wear and tear on the interior... I realize that doesn't mean shit but it's not brand new, and it's not beat to living piss. I'm just guessing. Drive it and see if you like it

chris91

Reaction score
Not a 8k dollar car. For a good idea on pricing go check corral.net in their vehicles for sale section.

OP
OP
M

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Even with a 331 with Edelbrock heads and some basic suspension mods you don't think it's an $8k car? I get the feeling he's using the GTS designation to bring the price up a hair because I've seen so many 94-95 GT cars go for insane cheap, even when they are hotrodded some.

chris91

Reaction score
GTS's aren't THAT rare. You could pick up a car with similar mods for 5-6k all day long.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even with a 331 with Edelbrock heads and some basic suspension mods you don't think it's an $8k car? I get the feeling he's using the GTS designation to bring the price up a hair because I've seen so many 94-95 GT cars go for insane cheap, even when they are hotrodded some.

GTS or not, it isn't worth $8k.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That cars maybe like 6400 tops. Its still a 95 mustang no matter what its got under the hood or what suspension it has. Its a 19 year old car. 8k maybe if it had 50k original miles.

OP
OP
M

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
I was listing it at 8k obo due to original twin, receipts of lots of high dollar maintenance that all twin turbos need at a certain point, the mods/power level, cleanliness of it. So many are ragged out with fading paint, body damage, bad injectors, blown turbos, etc.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You never get back what you put into them, even if you have all the receipts, etc. You just don't.

OP
OP
M

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Indeed, and I know it's true. If I was trying to do that, I would have tallied up every penny and factored that in ;) I appreciate the answers on here guys, figured it wasn't really an 8k car. Thought maybe he saw what I was asking on my ad and just said oh yeah that's what I'm asking too. I've had people do that before.

Saleenster

Reaction score
GTS means no rear wing and a couple other creature comfort items eliminated. It was meant to save on weight, which I believe it did by 100 lbs or so.

I will tell you in my honest opinion, if its a true 331 with 202 value heads, and has been tuned, then it would be close a $5500-7500 car too me. The man reason is, getting a 94-95 car properly tuned is not easy, and takes time on the dyno which is $$. If the car idles smooth, no swaying from 800-1200 RPM's, and when clutching when vehicle is coming to a stop, mainly off the freeway or from 50 mph to a stop, then It would be in the neighborhood of the value i listed. The one thing to detour value is the interior, thats easy fix however, but it could be a $500 deduction. Hope this helps

RichV

Reaction score
IMO, $8K is a stretch. But let's not look at said value...

The 95 looks to be very clean. It has all the right mods you'd want to do, the HP is legit for the mods it has. Suspension has some good bits, but nothing over the top. Anyone else note the leather? I didn't think GTS cars had leather, IIRC they all had V6 seats.

Your 300, I have no clue what these go for in your neck of the woods, but I was suprised in our market. Most fall in the $3-6K category, based on miles, turbo/NA, condition, etc. There are a few with higher price tags, whether they sell I have no idea.

Take your Z to his place and check out each other's cars. If his has over 160K miles that will have a affect on the value. He seems honest about everything, and if your car is worth more, ask for a little on top of the deal. The other thing may be to have a appraiser go through both vehicles. I had to have this done once and it did not cost anything at the place I went to.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't stress the price, you'll have about 3x that amount invested in no time at all...

CWO

Reaction score
All good man, thanks for asking. Funny thing? I paid exactly $8k for it. LOL

It got me through the Dallas ice and snow over the last couple weeks just fine. I feel so much better driving in that stuff in this thing instead of the 96GT, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online