New guy from Indiana

nicar3655

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Name is Kevin and I live in Indiana. I've never had an SN95 but my wife thought I needed a mustang after I had to get rid of my 2010 GT, so she bought me 94 GT convertible auto. Not my first pick but I appreciated the thought and figured I would trade it for a fox or something else after a bit. Well I recently drove the car down to south Texas for a job I was going to, which I really didn't think it would make because the car had 138,000 miles on the odometer. The only problem I had was on my way back, the lights went out somewhere in Oklahoma and I had to wait till day light so I wouldn't blind people with me holding the high beams on. I went 1250 miles nonstop there and back with only the one problem. So, I figured if it's that tough, I'll keep it. I started doing research for the car and found you guys. I'm glad to be here and cant wait to get some ideas from you guys for future mods. Thanks

Kevin

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome! There are a few of us hoosiers on here. I barely count being all the way down in the toe of the state in Evansville but I am still north of the ohio. Where are you at and the pics of your car?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from another Hoosier! Fort Wayne Indiana here!

The headlight thing is pretty common. The connector melts behind the switch gets too hot and melts. I had the same thing happen to me on my old 99 sixer that I had a few years back. The headlights went out on my way back from Detroit, in the middle of the night, in the dead of Winter... in the middle of nowhere.... during a snowstorm. Yeah, that sucked.

OP
OP
N

nicar3655

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Lafayette is where I'm at. Spent a lot of time in the Fort Wayne area with my old job. Yeah man, I stopped to get gas and turned my lights off, went to get back on the road and they wouldn't turn back on. Had to replace the switch and harness when I got home. I don't have any pics yet but I'll get them up shortly.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Welcome!

Im here in West Lafayette going to school at Purdue.

OP
OP
N

nicar3655

Reaction score
Gt Rob- thanks man, I was working on the Kenndy Ranch, outside Sarita , Tx. We built 101 wind turbines out there.

Sleepn- that's awesome man, my stepson is a freshman out there in the engineering department. Really like the build you have going on, like to take a look at it sometime..

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Gt Rob- thanks man, I was working on the Kenndy Ranch, outside Sarita , Tx. We built 101 wind turbines out there.

Sleepn- that's awesome man, my stepson is a freshman out there in the engineering department. Really like the build you have going on, like to take a look at it sometime..

Thanks man. Its down home in Indy for the winter but maybe we could set something up for the spring. Thats awesone, Im here for Mechanical Engineering Technology

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness.
139k miles? That's just getting broke in, I have 230k and my engine has never been apart.

post up some pics when you can?

ZakMay09

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! My dad is over in the Avon area and works for Train A/C. He does a lot of work in Lafayette and Fort Wayne area. He is a former Mustang owner. Unfortunately he has moved to the seven slot guys but I love him none-the-less. I should be in Indiana sometime this summer and I'd love to get all the Indy guys together for a meet up and maybe a beer...or 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online