New guy from Michigan

coldweatherstang

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I've been using this forum for reference for about a year now so I figured I might as well register and get full use. I inherited a 98 GT convertible with 137k that I use as a summer car. It has been passed from my brother to my dad to me so it is more to me than just a car.

I have not done really any performance mods on it yet just been working on getting it running well. Whoever did the actual maintenance on it over the years was an idiot. For example when they did spark plugs they neglected to change #4, I'm assuming because its a pain to get to. They also put on the fuel filter on backwards... Smh. Either way I love driving it and the body/interior is in great shape so I'm gonna keep wrenching on it and will start putting mods on either this fall or the spring.

Cheers!

MissV8Der

Reaction score
Welcome! It's a shame that people overlook or half-ass routine maintenance because they're lazy. I found that when I bought my car as well.

OP
OP
C

coldweatherstang

Reaction score
Welcome! It's a shame that people overlook or half-ass routine maintenance because they're lazy. I found that when I bought my car as well.
Thanks! It pisses me off because I've been chasing CELs since I've had it and it sucks when I can't rule the simple stuff out.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Thankfully you were able to catch the little stuff as well and not over look it !

OP
OP
C

coldweatherstang

Reaction score
welcome to the madness
Got pics?
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I lied I did upgrade the ignition coils when I replaced them. Not a huge deal but a start.
OK so those pics didn't work. Lemme try again.
tusuva6a.jpg
da7e6a9e.jpg
naty9u3e.jpg
epuzynap.jpg
be7etuhe.jpg
e9yruny4.jpg

Slipperman

Reaction score
Welcome Lansing!
I was born in Lansing and grew up in Grand Ledge.
I also acquired my Mustang from a family member (my son).
I last drove a Mustang way back in '80, so this '04 I'm drivin' really takes me back.

OP
OP
C

coldweatherstang

Reaction score
Welcome Lansing!
I was born in Lansing and grew up in Grand Ledge.
I also acquired my Mustang from a family member (my son).
I last drove a Mustang way back in '80, so this '04 I'm drivin' really takes me back.
I currently live in GL and my wife is from the area. You still around here?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online