New guy from north carolina

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Greetings from the rainy state of NC,
I have a 95 Gt that I purchased with savings after I lost my job 5 years ago. It was a extremely stupid idea at the time, but 5 years later it has become at staple in my drive way and around my small little town. I have done everything to the car myself including its paint job (funny story and from now on will be left to a professional).
This journey has now arrived to a point where I am a little nervous treading into this alone and with no real world help, I am about to dive into a turbo set up and I personally have never done this before. I have dove in to a lot with no prior knowledge and it has landed me in a jam several times, this is including but not limited to both women and cars.
I have struggled to find a purpose for the car, ive flipped between autocross, drag, show car, then it finally dawned on me that my car has become something for me to just get away from bills or bad news. I get in my car to smile and enjoy the trip, I have never plotted at particular course or destination while driving I just set my sails and roll with it.
I have always wanted to turbo my car but found that life tends to change priorities and some times things get put on a back burner and left there for a while. Well my car is now off the back burner is heating up really quick, i have pretty much got all of my research out of the way and im going to order parts tonight :headbang:
I know I will have questions as I progress into the build and hopefully I am in the right place to get them answered.
Thank you for reading,
Gage

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, and you've come to the right place for advice on your build. My best advice is (if the funds are there and you've done your homework) is to have a few beers and pull the trigger on those parts. Most of my mods have been long and thought out, after I quit overthinking buying them and get parts in, the installation and learning process becomes the fun part

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Yea ive had issues on pulling trigger because ON3 price is beautiful but its like the reviews seem to be very inconsistent with there product.
On the other hand B&G seems to be very consistent and is more expensive, the hot side is something I have to buy prefab due to the fact that me and a welder go together like elmer fud and bugs bunny (it never ends well)

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Definitely starting your journey in the correct direction with posting here. This community will lead you down the right path unlike other communities were they subtlety promote their buddies performance mod.

When it comes to the old winsor 5.0l, my experience with one turbo'd is to swap out the valve springs for upgraded and go get her tuned(maf sensor and injectors too)This should land you easily into the 400rwhp region.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The b&g hotside is worth the money. Mine is a lil older and the quality in the welds and material is top notch

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Yea B&G seems to be well worth the money, how well did it fit?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I mocked it up on my 302 it fit perfectly other than turbo flange was close to frame rail.

That ended up being due to motor mount letting my motor sit at an odd angle.

Now that I'm putting this kit on a 351w block it obviously doesn't quite fit. Manifolds still fit fine but I have to modify crossover tube

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
See this is why I am so fortunate to be on this forum, my next question was the fit on a 351 due to the fact this car will not be a drag car in the sense of normal drag racing. I live 20 minutes from piedmont and during the spring a lot of no prep grudge racing takes place. I did it last year and made 500 bucks fast and I was instantly hooked, those no prep races where awesome because I was taking on guys with 350 400hp and I was just out driving them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online