New guy from Oklahoma

Subzero

Reaction score
My name is Trystan, 16 years old, and just bought my first mustang! 99 3.8 liter, DD.
My first car was a 1995 F-150 Flareside with a 4.9 liter V6, I'm used to small upkeep
like changing oil, spark plugs and wires, general detailing of engines, and other things.
As I'm sure many of you know the mod craze hit hard when I got my new car, plans of M112 installs and huge, sticky drag tires in the back. But reality hit and I've realized that with my low income I would settle for a nice N/A build, wind star intake, t-lok, and other things. I'm new to any performance mods so please bear with me and I'll do my best to research before asking! Glad to be here!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!!

I'm assuming you bought a v6?
If so,
If money is an issue I'd recommend doing rear end gears, I think its the best bang for your buck. Windstar intake is a nice upgrade.

Of course I'd recommend 4.2 swap with m112 since that's my setup, but its not really economical.

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Welcome!!

I'm assuming you bought a v6?
If so,
If money is an issue I'd recommend doing rear end gears, I think its the best bang for your buck. Windstar intake is a nice upgrade.

Of course I'd recommend 4.2 swap with m112 since that's my setup, but its not really economical.

Ive read over your thread a lot and that is the setup I want, but I'm not comfortable with engine swaps just yet even though the car was bought with the purpose of a 4.2 swap and eventually a M112, but then the M112 install looked beyond me as well, that's my ideal setup but beyond my capabilities unfortunately.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah thats understandable.
I beliebe our forum sponsor stage3 motorsports sells a supercharger for he v6s [MENTION=18472]Chris@Stage3[/MENTION]. I haven't seen anyone do it, but it looks like a sweet setup. But its pricy at I think 4k?

Installing supercharger is super easy, its just the tuning which you can take to your local dyno tune to do.

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Last thing I saw about the M112 with a mysteed adapter was custom fuel rails and other things and it looked beyond me, I know I can piece one together cheap and I could pay for the tune I just don't know if I can install it. If it's easy that's honestly the route I've always wanted! If anyone could help I can make a different thread if it's no trouble.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Orange 94 said:
Does anyone who buys a Mustang prioritize it being economical? :p

Welcome to the forums! Post some pictures!!

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Does anyone who buys a Mustang prioritize it being economical? :p

Welcome to the forums! Post some pictures!!

i hope no one does!
I will after I get home, I have a sports medicine class I go to, half because I want to, half because the speed limit on the turnpike is 75
:cool:

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how to post pictures from my iPhone, but it's the only camera I have.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

You can upload your pictures to the photobucket app if you have an account and just paste the code.
At least that's what I do when I post directly from my iPhone.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Welcome.

You can upload your pictures to the photobucket app if you have an account and just paste the code.
At least that's what I do when I post directly from my iPhone.[/QUOTE]

You can do that with imgur aswell but an account isn't required.
Although it does seem to take awhile for the pictures to upload. Not sure if photobucket has the same problem on mobile.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Last thing I saw about the M112 with a mysteed adapter was custom fuel rails and other things and it looked beyond me, I know I can piece one together cheap and I could pay for the tune I just don't know if I can install it. If it's easy that's honestly the route I've always wanted! If anyone could help I can make a different thread if it's no trouble.
I used a mini van fuel rail and modded it.

I'm not sure of your mechanical abilities, but installing a supercharger kit is pretty straight forward.
Its just the tuning and doing the corresponding mods (internals and what not) + getting the correct fuel pump, injectors and maf. If you dont get crazy, stock internals should be fine.

Doing the 4.2 v6 swap and m112 supercharger, well that requires a bit more work.

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
I used a mini van fuel rail and modded it.

I'm not sure of your mechanical abilities, but installing a supercharger kit is pretty straight forward.
Its just the tuning and doing the corresponding mods (internals and what not) + getting the correct fuel pump, injectors and maf. If you dont get crazy, stock internals should be fine.

Doing the 4.2 v6 swap and m112 supercharger, well that requires a bit more work.
First off thank you everyone for a warm welcome! And orange, through thread or Pm do you think I could pick your brain on this install? I worked on slightly less mechanical things (airsoft guns and lawn equipment) but I can do the fuel injectors, pump, and other things I'm sure, Id just be more comfortable with an experienced person helping me if you don't mind?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First off thank you everyone for a warm welcome! And orange, through thread or Pm do you think I could pick your brain on this install? I worked on slightly less mechanical things (airsoft guns and lawn equipment) but I can do the fuel injectors, pump, and other things I'm sure, Id just be more comfortable with an experienced person helping me if you don't mind?

Go ahead and post in the v6 section http://www.sn95forums.com/forumdisplay.php?20-94-04-V6-Specific

There's a few other guys that have more experience than me like g36 monkey , atlanticblue98 and LilRoush that im sure would be happy to help too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online