new guy

woos77

Reaction score
i just recently bought a 95 roller.thinking about putting a 95 5.8l truck motor in it.what kind of wireing will ineed for this.all the wire have been removed.its set up for a carb.like to go back to fuel injected.i dont know if it is easier to go with painless or stock

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i just recently bought a 95 roller.thinking about putting a 95 5.8l truck motor in it.what kind of wireing will ineed for this.all the wire have been removed.its set up for a carb.like to go back to fuel injected.i dont know if it is easier to go with painless or stock

First of all, welcome. Lots of good info to be had and we’ll help as beat possible.

You have options here. When you say the wiring has been removed so you mean all wiring throughout or just the engine harness?? Of just the engine harness then you can pull a engine harness from a 94-95gt and it will work fine. If all wiring is gone then look at Holley. They have different versions of fuel management with different routes for control and harnesses. If doing this all on a budget you might search for a wrecked 5.0 car to park and pull everything from and put in your car.

Some on here have done big swaps and may have parts for sell to help out. I know I’ll be selling my Ecm with a moates chip in it and I will possibly be selling my engine harness as I’ll be probably doing a complete custom harness since I’m going Holley with c.o.p on my 351w block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Yes welcome to the nutty corner of the interwebs!! You'll find lots of helps and great ppl here!! Start up that build thread and get some pics up so's we can helps you out definitely!!

Also we do sanitize all active threads every 2 or 3 hours to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We are a covid-19 free forum!!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the Stable! I can personally vouch for the great group of people here and the wealth of help/information available as I have been the benefactor of same since Day 1 here! No question too small, stupid or insignificant... just fire away.

But first... pictures! They’re pretty much a prerequisite before ANY help will be rendered! Lol

OP
OP
W

woos77

Reaction score
First of all, welcome. Lots of good info to be had and we’ll help as beat possible.

You have options here. When you say the wiring has been removed so you mean all wiring throughout or just the engine harness?? Of just the engine harness then you can pull a engine harness from a 94-95gt and it will work fine. If all wiring is gone then look at Holley. They have different versions of fuel management with different routes for control and harnesses. If doing this all on a budget you might search for a wrecked 5.0 car to park and pull everything from and put in your car.

Some on here have done big swaps and may have parts for sell to help out. I know I’ll be selling my Ecm with a moates chip in it and I will possibly be selling my engine harness as I’ll be probably doing a complete custom harness since I’m going Holley with c.o.p on my 351w block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the info. i will post picks of the build also i will ;et you know on the harness thanks again real appreciate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online