New head unit, Mach 460 setup

tizzle0469

Reaction score
So I have a 94 cobra, pulled the factory head unit for an aftermarket. Everything worked when removed. Got a pioneer unit and a PAC OEM-1 unit for the harness...the new radio has power but no sound. Ideas?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pics of the harnesses hooked up would be nice.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
tizzle0469

tizzle0469

Reaction score
lbums/nn36/tizzle0469/2AB24C50-11F0-470B-A08C-92A42D34C7D6_zps2mn3ds2l.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
sorry, was really busy today. So there's 2 plugs that aren't utilized from the factory radio, and the 3 plugs from the back of the CD player.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it looks like you have the blue remote turn on connected to the blue or blue/white amp turn on. If so then try swapping the small square harness from the deck to one of the harnesses that is not connected. That is the amp input. Also try a small scewdriver in the holes in the pac oem-1 module and see if adjusting the pots in there makes any difference.

OP
OP
tizzle0469

tizzle0469

Reaction score
I didn't add an additional amp so I left my blue wires all blank, I thought about trying to plug the other connectors into the kit but the other 2 smaller square plugs are 6pin and the kit plug is 8 pin, only for some plug. I did adjust the set screws too, nothing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no that is your problem then your not turning on the mach amps and the signal stops there. There is a bypass harness on the right hand side of the radio hole(8 pin black harness) that you could connect to and bypass the amps but you would need the other harness. The blue wires should be your key to sound. Check the pac harness and make sure if the amp turn on is blue or blue/white I can't remember, and hook that wire up to the decks remote turn on output.

OP
OP
tizzle0469

tizzle0469

Reaction score
no that is your problem then your not turning on the mach amps and the signal stops there. There is a bypass harness on the right hand side of the radio hole(8 pin black harness) that you could connect to and bypass the amps but you would need the other harness. The blue wires should be your key to sound. Check the pac harness and make sure if the amp turn on is blue or blue/white I can't remember, and hook that wire up to the decks remote turn on output.

That did it! Amps needed a trigger... Now I feel like a goober though lol..thanks a bunch

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I won't lie, I hate those pac adapters.

I've seen way too many cause problems and introduce noise over the years.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would agree they are noisy unnecessary and expensive add on as you and I both know, which is why they push them. I recommend the bypass harness myself but you need to then use speakers going to the tweeters for your signal wires at the all the corners. Some people don't want to go through the extra effort and I understand that. It would not be a huge improvement in sound and not sure its worth it for the average mp3 listener.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online