New heads

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
I wanted to install a new set of aluminum heads on my 95 gt but did not want to do the upper and lower or cam and wanted to keep the stock rockers

What heads would you go with out of the two I'm showing ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dart...8b7QQitemZ280675313847QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5602460&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

I can get the trickflow heads for only 850 shipped ...

I know with Edelbrock heads you can just bolt them on with no problems ...But what all would i have to do to install these heads ? Do the trickflow heads take aftermarket special rockers ?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I understand keeping the stock cam but why keep the stock intake? You have to take it off to do the heads and it's really going to be holding the heads back.

Addermk2

Reaction score
keeping the stock intake would be like me putting a foxbody 55mm MAF on my 347... you need to let the engine breath... get rid of that stock intake!

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Wasting your money on heads if your keeping the stock intake. Find a used cobra for cheap

BigTang

Reaction score
neither head in those auctions will use a stock pedestal rocker.

go trickflow, put the stock intake back on until you can afford something better. Degree the cam at 2* retarded when you do the swap, it won't be noticable now but when you change the intake it'll help w/ the top end charge.

the down side to a pedestal mount head is that when you start to step up to cams that can really use the heads you are limited on spring pressure and clearance to the rocker body, even w/ the upgraded rockers.

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
You will probably see a better gain from spending money on an aftermarket intake w/ stock heads than you will with aftermarket heads w/ stock intake

russ8825

Reaction score
You really need to get something better than the stock intake, like everyone else said its gonna be too restrictive on air flow. Get a cobra or used gt-40 intake (which can be found for cheap in junk yards off explorers), you'll thank yourself later.

Naptown_Stang

Reaction score
Wow i need to read the whole post. Like everyone in front of me stated get a better intake. I have a GT-40 and it works fine and I rev to about 6k with no power loss up top. Eddy performer heads though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mrstangerbanger said:
I wanted to install a new set of aluminum heads on my 95 gt but did not want to do the upper and lower or cam and wanted to keep the stock rockers

What heads would you go with out of the two I'm showing ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dart...8b7QQitemZ280675313847QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5602460&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

I can get the trickflow heads for only 850 shipped ...

I know with Edelbrock heads you can just bolt them on with no problems ...But what all would i have to do to install these heads ? Do the trickflow heads take aftermarket special rockers ?

why would you pay 950 for used heads when I got my trickflows new from summit on sale for $1k shipped?

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Also depending on what head you get, but most likley your stock rockers will not bolt up.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Dont use the stock rockers get the heafs set them to the side. Get rockets set the to the.side the get intake slap it all on there

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
I had a foxbody with just aluminum heads and a stock intake and cam with 3:73 gears and it was a 12 second mustang...

Anyone that thinks installing a upper and lower intake with stock heads will give you a bigger power gain then installing heads with stock intake is crazy...

Installing just a upper and lower intake with stock heads is a joke and i will never do that again..

The car is a daily driver that i drive over 50 miles a day and use I my a/c and heater and the car must be super reliable..

I just wanted to add 40 to 50 more hp and have a little more power...

I have a trickflow intake and and explorer intake that I was thinking of using but wanted to see what all I was going to need to install the heads ...

I know i say i only want to install just the heads and keep it simple but i have a feeling I'm going to just do the trick flow heads and my trick flow intake and keep my stock cam ...

I also have all the bolt ons and 3:73 gears already so it should open up the car ...

I though trickflow heads needed special rockers???

I have owned 10 mustangs and they all have been great cars but we all know how when you start to make them go fast they start to have problems :laughing5: So my goal is to have a super reliable mustang with more power ...

I was also looking at a set of AFR heads today that he wants 1000 with rockers used ....

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Ok so I decided to go with Trick flow TFS-51400002 170 twisted wedge heads

They are brand new in the box for $900.00

I will install the heads with trickflow track heat intake and ford motorsports 65mm t/body and will see how it runs..

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I guess I should've just answered the question instead of assuming you didnt have an intake or that was going to be your only mod.

But tfs tw heads and the street heat intake would be a good setup with the stock cam

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
Mid 14's to high 13's depending on traction and types of tires used

U have to be joking my last mustang ran low 14 with just bolt ons and drag radials

I have 295/35/18 Drag radials with 373 gears and a fresh motor...I'm thinking low 13 to high 12s easy ...

So here is what all have

New Trickflow track heat intake
New Trickflow 170 heads fully ported with better valves and springs
New Trickflow 1.6 stud rockers
Stock Cam
New 65mm T/body
24ib injectors
mass air
Headers
x pipe no cats
under drive pulleys
cold air