New here! Could use some help!

Joshblck1

Reaction score
My Names Josh and I'm 22. I have been a part of this site for a few months since I bought a 94 mustang gt about 4 months ago. I really liked that car but I was looking for something a little bit more modern so.......yesterday I picked up a 2002 Mustang Gt with 112k on it for only $2500 and I loooooooovvvvveeeee it . However I mainly bought it as a project as I have another car to drive and this car has a rebuilt title:/ But I got into mustangs because I want to customize my ride and learn to work on cars more. I would bet that most people on here don't buy their cars with the idea of getting their value out of them when they are sold anyway. So heres the deal, the car has some problems-

It was hit on the drivers front quarter panel so the quarter panel and drivers door doesn't quite meet up perfectly. Id really like to know what you would do if you wanted to make the panels line up correctly?
Take it to a shop?
See what I could fix myself at home?
Leave it the way it is?

The other question I have is I need to get a tune on the car because it has some upgrades- Headers, Full Exhaust, throttle body and cold air intake. Would buying a handheld tuner be worth the investment and do the job decently? I understand have a professional tune is best but Ive seen some tuners for my car on craigslist pretty cheap.

Also,
Which thread is the correct one for asking questions about miscellaneous parts?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Josh, welcome to the world of modifying mustangs!!

congrads on having 2 mustangs.
On the quarter, you'll need to replace it quarter if it's bad, or yes have a body shop repair it. unless you're a body guy.
Can u post a pic of it?

TB, CAI and exhaust shouldn't need a tuner.
Dont' really need a dyno tune until you make big changes like heads, cams, Forced induction etc.
I don't know a lot about hand held.... my car doesn't have much stock left on it.

Garage forum is good for car related questions.
there are sub forums for engine types, etc - as needed.

Keep us updated as you tear into things.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Thanks!
Unfortunately I dont think I can post pictures yet, my profile pic is showing the side of the damage and its pretty hard to see in the picture. I went out today and really checked the body lines and fitment of doors, quarter panels and such and everything besides the drivers quarter panel fits way too well for them to have been damaged from the wreck so that makes me happy. It could use an alignment ( which hopefully isn't from uni-body bend-age) so I am gonna get it aligned and see what they say. After further inspection to the panel it looks like its purely a fitment issue ( ive heard that panels off other cars don't match up perfectly a lot of the time) Personally I can't wait to get into everything cause I want this to be my baby! lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks!
Unfortunately I dont think I can post pictures yet, my profile pic is showing the side of the damage and its pretty hard to see in the picture. I went out today and really checked the body lines and fitment of doors, quarter panels and such and everything besides the drivers quarter panel fits way too well for them to have been damaged from the wreck so that makes me happy. It could use an alignment ( which hopefully isn't from uni-body bend-age) so I am gonna get it aligned and see what they say. After further inspection to the panel it looks like its purely a fitment issue ( ive heard that panels off other cars don't match up perfectly a lot of the time) Personally I can't wait to get into everything cause I want this to be my baby! lol

are you on instagram? story seems so familiar, 94 gt.. and just got a new edge gt..

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice score but what is a front a quarter panel ? It's called a fender . Rears are quarter panels hence the term quarter window ... Sick deal regardless of the title situation , can't wait to see what you have in store for this thing dude

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Musturd- pahah I knew I was gonna say something like that eventually! Ive always loved mustangs, but this is my first time really working on a car besides like maintenence. Im suuuupperr excited though, I know its gonna be challenging but so far I really enjoy it!

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
I am on instagram but I dont have anything about my old or current car lol so must be another car......however I have a feeling im gonna be blowing up instagram pretty soon haha
are you on instagram? story seems so familiar, 94 gt.. and just got a new edge gt..

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Hey Josh I look forward to seeing what you do with the car. Let me know if I can ever help with anything since we don't live far away.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I am on instagram but I dont have anything about my old or current car lol so must be another car......however I have a feeling im gonna be blowing up instagram pretty soon haha

Ah lmao. Thats odd haha. I'm on there @jfee95

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok josh....
We gotta see pics man or we cant help you out however you did come to the right place for help. The maturity here is warmly inviting. So...lets get this car together! !

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Thanks! I am going to take some decent pictures that will hopfully help out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

punched281

Reaction score
Definitely get them pics up. And best bet for the fender is just go pull one from pull and pay near you. That way you get to learn how to take the fender off on a junker and when it is off you wont be spending a lot of on it. Then get Macco to paint it while it is off. And lining them off is an art at first until you have done it a hundred times..

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Definitely get them pics up. And best bet for the fender is just go pull one from pull and pay near you. That way you get to learn how to take the fender off on a junker and when it is off you wont be spending a lot of on it. Then get Macco to paint it while it is off. And lining them off is an art at first until you have done it a hundred times..

Thanks, its actually not the fenders problem, the frame under it bent so im just waiting to have the car measured to see how bad the damage is

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online