New here with a 95 Mustang GT Convertible

70RustBucketList

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am no stranger to Fords, but the 94-95 Mustang seems to have this special draw for me, so in the last few days I purchased a well worn, but very strong running car for my wife. 1st and foremost, she LOVES it. While that's great for me (serious brownie points) I now have the unenviable task of bringing the car back to it's former glory.

I have a few quick questions, and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction from here.

1. The door panels are incredibly flimsy, and the plastics are creaky to say the least(yes, welcome to the sn95 LOL). Are there any years where this was improved that I should look for as replacements?

2. The seats have been replaced with what looks like Non-GT seats. Are there bolt ins from certain years that people like to swap? are the convertible seats the same as the coupes?

3. any general tips and tricks that can help the interior not be so flimsy?

4. The gauge cluster works, except for the Odometer and oil pressure gauge. Anyone recommend a good, OEM looking upgrade?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and I'll probably post a freight load of pictures as I restore this worn out old shoe of a mustang!

here's a link to my current build if you're interested in old Ford F series trucks :: Project Mater - the F2 thread

-Anthony

PinkieT

Reaction score
Welcome to the herd! My wife has a 98 GT convertible. I'm not able to help with most your questions, but the odometer issue is a common problem and fairly easily fixed. Do a search for "94-98 Mustang odometer repair kit" and you'll find the parts you need.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The door panels were all pretty much the same but the colors were not depending on the year. The seats weren’t changed much but the bolstering in the 94-98 seats is much better than the 99-04s IMO. Also terminators had the best stock seats in terms of comfort and bolstering.

OP
OP

70RustBucketList

Reaction score
Thanks guys that does help. Anyone have any luck with Dakota gauges? They seem to be really nice, but quite expensive.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They’re really meant for aftermarket ecu swaps. Most don’t support the stock cluster.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the early year sn's up till I think 96 had a little better door panel than after that because the insert where your elbow was used a perforated vinyl where after it was just the abs plastic. They were nice and tight originally but often the hooks that hold them on get broken off, or often times they are just not put on correctly. the door pull cup is a common breaking point for the clip on the bottom but they are easily replaced.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The top part of all sn95 door panels are vinyl wrapped. I can confirm the 98-04s we’re not perforated though so that may be a difference.

OP
OP

70RustBucketList

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It says a lot about this car that these are the worst of the issues. The GT has 136k on the odometer, but the rest of the car seems to have stood the test of time.

nc94GT

Reaction score
Hi, welcome. On the seat's, the 94-98 seat tracks are made different. The 99-04 seats will work with modification's. The power seat track is wired different on 99-04. The door panel's will also work from 94-04. Just different color scheme's . I changed mine's seats to the 04 none power . For both driver's and passenger side. Hope that helped . Good luck

OP
OP

70RustBucketList

Reaction score
70RBL
Did you ever post any photos? Glad you joined. This is a fun and helping group.
I am planning on posting a build thread, they are the best way to find out information from a forum while sharing thing learned with the community along the way, so stay tuned! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.