New Illinois Emissions laws

97vertstang

Reaction score
i heard most states are doing these. the obd 2 cars are som much easier that thats why they decided to exempt the older cars. too bad california doesnt think the same :nonono:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
you just scared the fuck out of me. I live in illinois and just brought a o/r pipe. Thought it was going to be something worst.

Anyways, 96+ up's with obd computer are tested only with computers

now 95 and older

Q. What vehicles are subject to vehicle emissions inspection?
A. All 1968 to 1995 vehicles not in compliance with the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 on February 1, 2007 and all 1996 and newer vehicles except diesel, electric-powered, and certain vehicles specified by law as Exempt.

Recent changes to the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 provide that vehicles of model year 1995 and older that are in compliance with the law as of February 1, 2007, will no longer be subject to emissions testing.

Im dumb.. i cant comprehend what they mean.

Off-topic: Where abouts are you in illinois??? :angel:

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Twista said:
you just scared the f**k out of me. I live in illinois and just brought a o/r pipe. Thought it was going to be something worst.

now 95 and older

A. All 1968 to 1995 vehicles not in compliance with the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 on February 1, 2007 and all 1996 and newer vehicles except diesel, electric-powered, and certain vehicles specified by law as Exempt.

Recent changes to the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 provide that vehicles of model year 1995 and older that are in compliance with the law as of February 1, 2007, will no longer be subject to emissions testing.

Yeah, I'll like what they hell do they mean ? I guess that if your vehicle has already passed? I'm in the S. Burbs Dolton

97vertstang

Reaction score
it seems that if u have passes smog previously , the 95 and older cars are exempt. isnt ur car newer twista??? if it is ur screwed with smog for a while!!!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
waltnono said:
Twista said:
you just scared the f**k out of me. I live in illinois and just brought a o/r pipe. Thought it was going to be something worst.

now 95 and older

Yeah, I'll like what they hell do they mean ? I guess that if your vehicle has already passed? I'm in the S. Burbs Dolton

dolton?/ Wtf, i live right by you than. Never knew that. i might be 5 minutes away from you :dunno:

1997 @ 5.HOE. They only test 96+ cars by the odb computer here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online