New Lights!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Got my used (new to me) 96-98 tails off Caboose302 a little over a week ago. The bezels needed some paint, lenses were pretty nice. Wetsanded with 2000 grit and 3000 grit, than compounded and polished them.. I think these tails flow so much better with the S281 and 3.5'' tips. I love em. Big thanks to [MENTION=17027]whiplash473[/MENTION] for guiding me on how to fix these bad boys up the right way. I know some won't like 4.6 lights on a 5.0, oh well LOL.. The skinny ass 245s need to go, 10.5'' rears and 315s are on the list..
Hard to tell from this shot, but they were a little rough.

Installed! The semi gloss black I used was a perfect match to the left side. (The lighting makes it look a little off, but they're the same shade)

Darhawk

Reaction score
So you put them in the oven to dry! LOL! Set temp to 400° and then let bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before serving!!! They look fine to me. I hope the paint doesn't flake or peel off fast. That would be madding!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Now go wingless!
iX0Bt2r.jpg

5vOrNYy.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Win

Legend
Reaction score
So you put them in the oven to dry! LOL! Set temp to 400° and then let bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before serving!!! They look fine to me. I hope the paint doesn't flake or peel off fast. That would be madding!

Wait seriously?? You put them in the oven ?

Darhawk

Reaction score
I want to but I need stuff to be even. When I find a wingless trunk locally I'll shave the badges off for sure.

Isn't your car already wingless. Oh wait maybe that isn't your car...All these black car in this thread are confusing me..arrggghhh!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Isn't your car already wingless. Oh wait maybe that isn't your car...All these black car in this thread are confusing me..arrggghhh!

Mine is the one I posted. Wingless but I still have the holes in my trunk. I'm comfortable patching the holes for the emblem but the holes for the wing I'd rather not lol

Joe is the loser with the wing :p

Darhawk

Reaction score
Mine is the one I posted. Wingless but I still have the holes in my trunk. I'm comfortable patching the holes for the emblem but the holes for the wing I'd rather not lol

Joe is the loser with the wing :p

Rodger that 10-4 good buddy! LOL!!! But here is the thing, isn't the badging on the rear just a super sticky sticker, there aren't any holes. You take them off and there will just be sticky residue...and that comes off with a proper cleaning.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Rodger that 10-4 good buddy! LOL!!! But here is the thing, isn't the badging on the rear just a super sticky sticker, there aren't any holes. You take them off and there will just be sticky residue...and that comes off with a proper cleaning.

Negative. There are holes for the badge on the passenger side.

I found this picture from when I first got the car... I zoomed in a bit you can see the 2 holes

8xT7KIc.jpg

Darhawk

Reaction score
Negative. There are holes for the badge on the passenger side.

I found this picture from when I first got the car... I zoomed in a bit you can see the 2 holes

Well then I guess I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...thanks for the lesson..lol:D

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Well then I guess I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...thanks for the lesson..lol:D

Haha yea. I wouldn't if known if my car wasn't missing it's badges.
They're pencil sized holes so some sanding and bondo would fill them fine.

I might man up and pull my trunk off and fill the wing holes if I can't find a cheap local wingless trunk

1bad9d5

Reaction score
235!? Dam you driving a Honda or something lmao
my 255 all around look small as shit it's crazy

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
235!? Dam you driving a Honda or something lmao
my 255 all around look small as shit it's crazy

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

What's weird is it's the stock wheels/tires from a 2012 GT..

The tire size is 235/55/18 specifically. Lol

The 2007 bullets that are on my moms convertible are 235/55/17

Weird how they didn't add some width in 2010.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
What's weird is it's the stock wheels/tires from a 2012 GT..

The tire size is 235/55/18 specifically. Lol

The 2007 bullets that are on my moms convertible are 235/55/17

Weird how they didn't add some width in 2010.

yea its crazy how they put such a skinny a$$ tires on rear wheel drive cars.. 235 is crazy.. my dads 07 Shelby gt came stock with 18" bullits and 245s all around.. should be at least 255 stock in my opinion, but who knows anymore

Verticals? :snoopfacepalm:

verticals means you can add sequentials which are awesome lol.. I still have my horizontals ive never sell them, but I am not a huge fan of how they look.. I know you fully disagree but oh well lol

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Nope. I'm running 235's you have 245's.... Lol

When I get the 03 Cobras and it comes time to replace the rear tires I'll be having the rims widened most likely.

Your better off buying a repop for the width. Cheaper, correct offset. Therfor 10x easier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online