new look for the ride

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
your car is pacific green, not forest green....unfortunately.

and purely from a performnace standpoint, the cobra r is probably one of the most functional bumpers to add downforce that is offered for the 94-98 without trying to get something made custom. i'm not a big fan of it from the appearance standpoint though.

I'm going strictly on funcitionality and the fact that i love the looks of that front bumper is just a plus. I started to put pacific green.. ohh well, it wont stay that color for long. hahah

VenomousCobraR

Reaction score
Hey, lemme tell ya, I like the look of the Cobra R, but I have seen the urethane version sag in the middle after about a year in the sun. Then if its fiberglass, that thin lip on the front will be easy to crack. Decisions decisions....

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
VenomousCobraR said:
Hey, lemme tell ya, I like the look of the Cobra R, but I have seen the urethane version sag in the middle after about a year in the sun. Then if its fiberglass, that thin lip on the front will be easy to crack. Decisions decisions....

Just about every aftermarket bumper i've seen starts to sag afterawhile... And i've got a friend who said he can wrap the entire or partially wrap the bumper in Carbon fiber cloth. So if i do do the R model bumper, i'm going to have him do 3 layers of Carbon fiver on the "lip" portion of it for extra strength and the cool CF look, then have the rest of it painted.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
would definately give you that "stand out of the crowd" look. I say go for it!

GaryG

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
would definately give you that "stand out of the crowd" look. I say go for it!

hell yea...go for it Thomas...thats gonna look bad ass when ur done with it

SonicStang

Reaction score
I voted for other: Get that abc Cobra "lip" that Matt is running. FTW!

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
It would look ok. I'd need to see it actually on the car painted. But if you do sell it, sell your cobra bumper to me!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the R front is big, you'll need sideskirts to make it match visually.
Functionality is relative, you'll get more performance from your tires and suspension IMO.

SonicStang said:
That's what I was thinking? :)

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
the R front is big, you'll need sideskirts to make it match visually.
Functionality is relative, you'll get more performance from your tires and suspension IMO.

SonicStang said:
That's what I was thinking? :)

I've already got full suspension on the car. Tubular front suspension, coilovers.. the whole kit an caboodle minus bumpsteer kit, which is on order too.
Rear of the car has a 03 Cobra IRS w/ EVERY MM part you can think of on it or ordered for it. The car handles great, minus the crappy tires, which will get fixed today when the FR500's show up. Its just at higher speeds the car gets very light and touchy, which is why i'm looking at the R model front lip to get the front back on the ground. Afterall, i shed 250lbs off the front of this car when i did the new setup.

I DESPISE the Abc cobra "lip".. looks like crap IMO..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like your set on the suspension. niiiiiiice

It's going to look sweet with the new wheels on there!
Let me know how it feels once you get the new tires. :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
It would look ok. I'd need to see it actually on the car painted. But if you do sell it, sell your cobra bumper to me!
how are you gonna put a 94-98 cobra bumper on a 03-04 Mach 1?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Cause Im having a few parts repainted before I sell it, because theres a few rock chips here and there, and since I fucked up my door, its gonna need repainted, I'd figured I'd get alittle mroe out of it with the cobra bumper when I sell it lol

S

scarface

DFG_Pimpin said:
Fets said:
how are you gonna put a 94-98 cobra bumper on a 03-04 Mach 1?
^lol :)

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
here's some pics of it on a Blue stang.. just about the same color mine will be. and it even has an S281 wing :)

Whats everyone thing now?

l_5b2923708a6d6daa238957dd58ca5bf5.jpg

l_318370ccaa038928b9b80ebe2868c713.jpg

l_d51f778e771daf7d12803a51401bafe5.jpg

and like i said.. if yall want the Cobra front bumper, Shoot me a PM with an offer.. :D

VenomousCobraR

Reaction score
Umm..........I am getting some 18" Black Bullitts right NOW. haha. You see how the front spoiler isnt perfectly straight? That would annoy the crap outta me. That car is tight as hell tho. I'm sold on Black 18" DD's.

Suspect

Reaction score
i voted to keep the cobra bumper... but if u do swap i want dibs on ur old cobra bumper. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online