New Member $900 Auction buy & build

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
parts for these cars are getting harder to find
interior , some body panels , some engine parts , depends on whats around and not picked clean at the junk yards

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
you don't see the double stack saleen wings all that often anymore and I like them if nothing else just for the story of them being banned in that one race style they were in. Can't remember the details now.
I am still on the fence if I like it or not. I think once it is painted and matches the car better I will like it better.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
parts for these cars are getting harder to find
interior , some body panels , some engine parts , depends on whats around and not picked clean at the junk yards
Yea i was surprised at how picked apart they were in the salve yards. There were a lot of them there though most were V6 cars but most of the parts were gone. The other thing i have found is that most that I find seem to have Tan interior.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
I do have a question! The front turn signals are smoked, is this some aftermarket lenses that were installed or are they supposed to be this way? It looks out of place.
IMG_9910.jpg

joemomma

Reaction score
Smoked is definitely aftermarket. As for door panels, there are some decent ones on eBay. You can always spray them with the SEM interior paint if you can't find a set in your color. I don't personally have any experience with it, but from everything I've read it seems they are spot-on. And yes, almost everything is charcoal or saddle. I'm one of the few with opal gray and it's hard to find parts in that color.

badass98svt

Reaction score
What a great project for you 2. Good for you for taking him under your wing! That's awesome.
Find a stock spoiler asap lol. The SR351 wings are a bit out of proportion on most SN95s.

Yes the SEM dye is a damn close match (I can vouch for Landau Black being a near perfect match to the 94-98 Black). Not sure about there gray or tan though.

The corners are definitely aftermarket, as well as the headlights.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
What a great project for you 2. Good for you for taking him under your wing! That's awesome.
Find a stock spoiler asap lol. The SR351 wings are a bit out of proportion on most SN95s.

Yes the SEM dye is a damn close match (I can vouch for Landau Black being a near perfect match to the 94-98 Black). Not sure about there gray or tan though.

The corners are definitely aftermarket, as well as the headlights.
Are all the headlight and turn signals the same? If i find a decent set at the scrap yard from a V6 car will they work?

joemomma

Reaction score
V6/GT are the same, Cobra were different. But they'll fit . They're all the same size, the Cobra had a different lens or something.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Are all the headlight and turn signals the same? If i find a decent set at the scrap yard from a V6 car will they work?

Yes, all 94-98 headlights are interchangeable. Cobras had a clear lense rather than the cloudy looking V6/GT.
A new set of corner lights can be bought for under $40 if that's all you need

chithead

Reaction score
Yup yup, scored my new headlights and turn signals off eBay for about $45 each pair. So $90 for the whole setup. This is going to be one awesome build!

Door panels are definitely rough, but seats are even harder to find in decent condition. At least around here they almost all suck.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I know mps has a lot of parts on hand , and for a hefty price
Just for the thermostat housing with hoses and the tube on back of the head
Cost around 325 bucks
The harder it is to find the part , and that guy knows , what kind of price he will charge
Cobra parts and mach1 parts those curtain parts I gave up looking in my area and we have around
200 junk yards within 70 mile from me
I had a set of seats in a car that just came in , and some guy offered 50 bucks more for them
And got them , I was on my way to get them that same morning
Very nice cobra seats not one tare cigarette burn
But that car was picked clean

joemomma

Reaction score
I got my seats from eBay for $300 or so. Some kind of Chinese specials, but I'm on a budget as well. I just moved my seat rails/brackets over to them and they worked fine. I did have to add the extenders from LMR, though.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
Yup yup, scored my new headlights and turn signals off eBay for about $45 each pair. So $90 for the whole setup. This is going to be one awesome build!

Door panels are definitely rough, but seats are even harder to find in decent condition. At least around here they almost all suck.
I will have to look into the lights. I cannot stand to have a fresh painted car and the lights look horrible. I have been keeping an eye out on Facebook Marketplace for a set of aftermarket racing seats that will look good in it. I am guessing the kid will want to do some Auto-X with it until he gets the track car completed, it will be a good car for him to learn in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.