New Member $900 Auction buy & build

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
Yup yup, scored my new headlights and turn signals off eBay for about $45 each pair. So $90 for the whole setup. This is going to be one awesome build!

Door panels are definitely rough, but seats are even harder to find in decent condition. At least around here they almost all suck.
I looked and was amazed how cheap the lenses were and I also found a set that is all in one, has anybody used these?
lights.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just found this thread and have read through all the posts. You and the kid seem very knowledgeable and the project seems to be making swift progress. That’s fantastic!
I’m wondering if it’s time to move this to the Project Build-ups chapter in the Forum?? Because the updates and detail are terrific!
Very cool your relationship with this kid. Good on ya!
I wish you continued success on both the car(s) and family. Cheers!

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
What a great project for you 2. Good for you for taking him under your wing! That's awesome.
Find a stock spoiler asap lol. The SR351 wings are a bit out of proportion on most SN95s.

Yes the SEM dye is a damn close match (I can vouch for Landau Black being a near perfect match to the 94-98 Black). Not sure about there gray or tan though.

The corners are definitely aftermarket, as well as the headlights.
I looked up the SEM dye and I might give it a try and see how it turns out. I have painted the upper panels after removing the vinyl that was coming off however I am not pleased with how they came out. I think i will buy a can and give it a shot and post up the results.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience trying to install this 460 rear box and the door speakers? I would like to try and run this with an aftermarket head unit. Has anybody researched or have a wiring diagram for it?

Attachments

• D04F6E6A-B269-4FF9-AC62-17B20386F5BB.jpeg
    D04F6E6A-B269-4FF9-AC62-17B20386F5BB.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 5

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I like the 1 piece headlight kits i have had a little bit of a problem with one of them
and the rest no problems installed easy

badass98svt

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience trying to install this 460 rear box and the door speakers? I would like to try and run this with an aftermarket head unit. Has anybody researched or have a wiring diagram for it?

I actually have the harness for that you are looking for, but I'd like to sell it with the whole setup. (rear deck as you have pictured), all front speakers, and the harness that runs the length of the car. For the rear deck piece.
I just removed it all a few weeks ago.

Those 2 holes by each 6x8 (in your pic) should have a threaded stud mounted in them. There are corresponding holes in the rear deck of the car. And the whole unit attached with 6 nuts total. The other 2 studs are out by the tweeter/mid speaker. You can see the studs in the pic below.

PXL_20220425_162421006.jpg

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
I actually have the harness for that you are looking for, but I'd like to sell it with the whole setup. (rear deck as you have pictured), all front speakers, and the harness that runs the length of the car. For the rear deck piece.
I just removed it all a few weeks ago.

Those 2 holes by each 6x8 (in your pic) should have a threaded stud mounted in them. There are corresponding holes in the rear deck of the car. And the whole unit attached with 6 nuts total. The other 2 studs are out by the tweeter/mid speaker. You can see the studs in the pic below.

View attachment 17186
I can get the rest of the harness out of the car I pulled it from however I was just going to build a harness off of the aftermarket unit.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I can get the rest of the harness out of the car I pulled it from however I was just going to build a harness off of the aftermarket unit.

Honestly, the Mach stuff is terrible and overly complicated. I'd just go with an aftermarket radio and speakers.

joemomma

Reaction score
Honestly, the Mach stuff is terrible and overly complicated. I'd just go with an aftermarket radio and speakers.
Most of this. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's terrible, but it isn't very good lol. Aftermarket is the way to go.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
Yea that seems to be the consensus. I like a challenge and not going for a great sounding system just something a little better than what’s in it. He does not have much in this setup at all and I like a good challenge so I would like to see if I am smart enough to get it to work or it becomes an epic fail and I look like a idiot trying. Lol

badass98svt

Reaction score
Ok, just keep in mind it is a 6 ohm system, not 4 ohm. Also the "tweeters" are actually for your highs and mids and the 6x8s produce bass only. Pretty much anyway

d.garza18

Reaction score
Reaction score
i actually really liked my mach system. just had a different headunit and it slapped when i had an actual interior. woulda given you stuff if the time frame aligned with my build and yours

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
Ok, just keep in mind it is a 6 ohm system, not 4 ohm. Also the "tweeters" are actually for your highs and mids and the 6x8s produce bass only. Pretty much anyway
Thank you for the info I will keep that in mind.

OP
OP
scca vette

scca vette

Reaction score
We did not get anything done on the Mustang this weekend due to it was time to do some maintenance on the off-road toys. The Side by Side was in need of some repairs, and it absorbed all day Saturday and then we went trail riding on Sunday. We will be back on the Mustang this week and I will post the progress.

As you can see from the photos the side by side was past due for a belt and it had bent one of the rear sway bar end links. The kid decided he wanted to fabricate a set of adjustable end links instead of buying some.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0430.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member