New member back in the Mustang game after a 7 year Break.

89slowgt331

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have taken a break from the performance car/ project car game for about 7 years. I started off with a beat up 1991 mustang gt 5 speed in high school being broke and more interested in partying It lived a hard life but I had many good times and could not afford to keep up on the maintenance so I sold it for a better Daily driver. Years later in my early 20's I had a better job, I was a contractor building and reworking prototype vehicle's for Daimler Chrysler. myself and a few buddies where getting back into performance car's and we now had extra cash flow from countless OT hours I was mustang shopping again and called a few friends and a guy I knew in high school had a Black 89 mustang GT That I remember being much nicer then my old one in his parents garage. Long story short he built it up with top notch parts AFR heads, edelbrock intake, custom cam, Tremec 3550 trans and ran an early HP turbo kit and ended up trashing the short block. he sold the turbo kit but had all the open parts minus shortblock and gave me a great deal on it. I owned that black GT for many years, it had so many engine powertrain combo's I couldn't count and I loved the car but it was always a work in progress.

After getting tired Of the long hours and constant travel I ended up landing a job at Roush Racing running an Engine Dynamometer. over my years there I leaned a lot and also met some friends building some serious race car's for various classes. I ended up selling my old 1989 gt and buying the car I always wanted a 2003 Cobra, the old owner had already upgraded several things on it including a whipple 2.3 and he car was making 602/556. That was a fun street car but after I moved away from the metro Detroit area to Mid Michigan, Got married, kids and looking for a house upgrade I sold my cobra and decided I no longer had the time or money for this hobby. It took about 7 years and a few short lived mistake car's to get another mustang.

I recently picked up a black 1994 cobra and it had an SN95forum sticker on it that lead me here. a young guy owned it and made some decent upgrades and was in the middle of a vortech V2 install but lost interest. He offer me the car for a decent price and I made some calls and talked a buddy into helping me travel several hours south and trailer it back. I have left out quite bit, but I have been looking the forum over and joined, Looks like there is some good members on here and I look forward to getting my mustang cobra project ready for spring!

I used my old forum name 89slowgt331 incase I do any parts buying and selling I have been on the corral and svtperformance.com for years but took my break and now have a wife 3 kids 2 dogs and a cat so I have much less time and extra income then before but really like the SN95 body lines and think they are a great under valued car. Thanks for listening to my rambling, Ha Ha

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Interesting life story. Welcome. I don't think I'd ever sell my mustang, partially because it's worthless.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Never sell my worthless stang either. Dad bought it for me. Dads dead now.

Your life sounds hectic like mine! Wife, kids, animals, mortgage. ....no time!

Welcome to the forums. A great bunch of folks here. Real down to earth type people. Very helpfull

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Another person some of us can relate to when people ask why our cars aren't done yet......."uuuhhh wife, kids, house, work, all trump time and money for car!!" lol

Grab a seat and a cold one, you'll like it here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
welcome, probably the most active forum as far as sn95/new edges go, everyone jumps on the band wagon of rhe new stangs I say meh. I love these cars have had mine for 10 years still love it don't think I'll ever get rid of it, who knows may be a future classic one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online