New Member From Central Alabama

Butchman205

Reaction score
1995 Mustang GT new owner...
Hello to all from central Alabama!
I am a new member, and have recently been introduced to RoadRacing...and LOVE IT!!!
I bought my first Mustang (1967 coupe) when I was a teenager, and thankfully still have it. I am a lifelong Ford Mustang fan, and a natural step was to get into drag racing...as I was a young kid with a limited budget.
Growing up I found that there were waaay more folks with Chevrolets, but I could find and trade “decent” Chevy parts for some serious Ford parts from Chevy guys and gals that had a few Ford things they had but didn’t want or really need.
After many years away from Motorsports (my son was all about stick and ball sports and didn’t car anything at all about HotRods) here I am nose deep in building a safe but fast ride.
Now as a middle aged empty nester, I accepted and invite from a great friend to try RoadRacing. I did significantly better than I was hoping for...and this led to wanting to build my own ride.
I found an old 1995 Mustang GT (no engine or transmission) that had been modified for RoadRacing.
As best I can tell, it had lain dormant since 2007 in a basement.
So now it’s mine, I’m building it to possibly compete in Champ Car or Lemons Racing.
I’m fully open to any and all advice as I rebuild my ride...and just enjoy the process as much as the track time.
Thanks for allowing me in!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome along. We have a few curvy curve racing types here that are loaded with info and i know they would love to help with any questions you might have. Hang out, chat, post pics of your progress....we are glad to have you!

OP
OP
B

Butchman205

Reaction score
My Mustang came with a cage in it, but the more I looked at it...the less I trusted it. So out it came, and a couple hundred hours later, I’ve got the cage like I like it. Now on to the engine, trans, etc.

OP
OP
B

Butchman205

Reaction score
I found an old tail. It wasn’t year correct, but since I’m working on a budget...and enjoy getting local teenagers involved as much as possible, they said it would add a little “Country Cool” look to it. Just as soon as one kid said that, another said, “Speaking of country...why not paint or get someone to professionally wrap an American flag on the hood!”

OP
OP
B

Butchman205

Reaction score
Went ahead and hulled out the door, added extending Nascar type door bars, then repaired the door back like it was made with the mid-channel in it.
It strengthened up the rigidity of the door when we added the metal for the bar channel in it...plus it looks cool!
378660934e239b9885c0350eccd4d701.jpg

nc94GT

Reaction score
Hi, welcome. That is a real nice setup. Enjoy the car as much as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online