New member from Miami

Kallar68

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my names Leo and I've been lurking the forums for a while now. I'm not new to forums, I've been an Admin on many and am currently a moderator on ej8squad.com

Currently don't have a late model but am in search for either a 96-98 cobra or 03-04 mach 1. I currently daily drive my high school car which was given to me by my grandmother. It is a 1996 Civic Lx sedan, probably way more mods on it that anyone here is interested in. It was just supposed to be reliable transportation and I got a little carried away. Here are some before and afters of my 6 years with the car:

Day it came home in 2009

Currently
Golden Hour by Leo Haddad, on Flickr

Like I said it's my daily, my true project is a 1969 T5 (German export mustang) it's a 1 of 1 car. Powered by a 351w bored .30 backed by an fmx transmission and a 9" rear end. Original color is black jade, it was painted this gold color in the 80s.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Pretty slick rides. Are you currently eyeballing a sn95? Welcome along!

OP
OP
K

Kallar68

Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking for a 96-98 cobra or an 03-04 Mach 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I meant one that you may have found. Like at a carlot or individual owner.

OP
OP
K

Kallar68

Reaction score
I've gone to see a few, almost bought one in November before finding out it was a scam. was an 03 mach in oxford white listed with 73k miles. car looked a little worn but nothing unusual, figured hey at least the guy enjoyed it and didn't just garage queen it. right before going inside to do the paperwork my dad decided to check the glovebox and saw a napkin that had fallen behind it into the evap area. When he pulled it out a print out came with it, Texas smog inspection from February showing 203k miles and matching vin # to the car. Confronted the seller, hes like well idk about that but even if it does have 203 are you interested still? tells me it has a rebuilt tranny and rear end (which he failed to mention before we found the smog report)

so yeah, walked away from that deal and didn't look during the holidays, started searching again recently. I was pretty bummed out about it but at least I didn't end up with a lemon. Hopefully inome tax season will motivate some sellers.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great work on the civic! The 69 is awesome as well man. Welcome to the site and good luck searching for a car

OP
OP
K

Kallar68

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had made plans about a month ago to drive 5hrs to go see a torch red Mach 1, 2 weeks of talking to the guy and the day before he decides to tell me once I get there I can't drive the car for myself. I don't know about you guys but I find that ridiculous, 5hrs of my time and a good amount of money and I can't even drive the car? And I'd have to trust it to make a 5hr trip back home.

neverenuff

Reaction score
Welcome, can't wait to see what you can do to that 69. Your daily us clean too!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kallar68

Reaction score
Got two bikes stolen as a young lad to solidify that statement. Lol

Tha trap house.
Yeah that sounds about right. The only time I even go through there anymore is to go to Homestead-miami as I work the timing and scoring and take pictures for FARA from time to time.

OP
OP
K

Kallar68

Reaction score
I'm in the same neighborhood.[emoji106]

I think I've seen you around, miramar pkway/hiatus area

What does everyone think a 97 gt with 140k miles in laser red with black leather interior is worth? It has cobra r rep wheels, exhaust and springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell