New member from Ventura County California

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I am a general manager at an aerospace sheet metal and machine shop in Simi Valley. I have had a 1970 428CJ Mach 1 since about 93. Bought it from my dad who bought it in 71.

But the real story starts when I was cruising CL for a good flip project in between other projects. I found a 98 Mustang GT, black on black leather. Fully loaded less sunroof and ABS. The motor and transmission were done like dinner. Picked it up for 1800.00. While doing the bottom end I fell in love with the car. So I ended up doing about every NA upgrade I could work out from PI heads to a complete BBK intake system from CAI to throttle body and elbow. Then BBK headers and catless X pipe. I ended up having to replace absolutely everything in the transmission. It had to come out three times until I had it right and sorted. Full tune from Full Throttle Kustoms (can't recommend Ray strongly enough).

Then a full track prep suspension from Steeda with Koni yellows. Has American Muscle wheels for now. Full brake upgrade is coming up in the new few months. Then much better wheels.

That's about it. Just sorting out the last of the little issues from the upgrades. Getting it ready for its first smog test.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I'll post a few up in a bit. New computer and my admin is not in yet. He needs to configure my FTP. Whatever the hell all that means.

Stupid computers.

Jake

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site from a local SoCal-er.

Sounds like you've done a fair share of upgrades to that car. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I've been working on a few projects in ventura County for irrigation/water control.

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. Here is the 98 a year ago with the 70.

This is the 98 today.

WP_20151023_12_03_31_Pro_zpso9fbaka8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20151023_12_03_13_Pro_zps2kbtpqno.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20151023_12_02_59_Pro_zpsxz3irqza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jake

wmfateam

Reaction score
Welcome and nice ride! What is the intended purpose of it? Daily, weekend, strip/track?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Well I figured it would mostly just be a toy. It sits in the garage a lot. But I am still trying to get all the modifications to work properly. I used to do a lot of road racing. Figured this would be a fun car to take to the parking lot races. Especially since I live right by the Camarillo airport where a lot of open day SCCA stuff goes on. I had not experience with these cars at all and when I got ready to do the suspension I found this article.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...2-1998-ford-mustang-cobra-suspension-upgrade/

That suspension is really stiff to use on city streets. So I am trying to figure out what I want to do now. It makes the car a bit much until your getting into it with someone. It carves corners really well.

That is a bit of a long winded way of saying 95% driver and 5% weekend racer maybe?

Jake

wmfateam

Reaction score
I have the Steeda Sport Springs on my daily and feel like they are a little soft. But then again I occasionally daily my track car that has Steeda Full Comp Springs with Spring Rubbers in them. But then again, again, I just got back from Carlsbad, CA, and the roads in California are definitely more rough than AZ.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Compared to my old road race Toyota Supra with Endless coilovers I would agree the Mustang rides pretty good. Its just not what I intended. I am still trying to decide what I am going to do just yet. The car is just re-bounding a bit too harshly. Its something I am going to start addressing this week.

Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online