New Member Here, meet Black Mamba!

Yon

Reaction score
New member here.

My names Jon, I've owned my car for about 2 years now. It's a 1994 Indy 500 Pace Car, with 44,000 original miles. I'm the 2nd owner. Her name is Black Mamba and if i get bugged enough about the name I'll tell you why.

Why am i posting this? why not, its an interesting story. Bought her with about 39,000 mi from a friend who basically stopped driving her when he went to college, he took my money and used it as a down payment on a 2002 Z06.

Owned her for about a year and a half before trouble happened. I started her up one day and it sounded like someone was banging on my decklid, the car was backfiring terribly. My mechanic diagnosed it as a loose exhaust valve. So much for those fantastic GT-40 heads.... Had to tear apart the whole motor at 44,000 miles. He pulled the valve and saw that it was shotty machinework around the lip of the valve, wasn't seating correctly. He goes do you want me to just fix the problem or did you have plans to upgrade anything? I tell him, upgrade everything.

so here goes.

This was her about a year ago, parked in a few of the city lots i keep her in.

pac3k1Ctj

pcHm9baUj

and now time for the rebuild.

Garbage stock heads, cam, harmonic balancer (if you look carefully you can see the exhaust valve on the number 5 cylinder is virtually clean whereas the other 3 are dirty) that cylinder hadn't been combusting correctly for a long time) :

paPFFo6tj

brand new AFR 165's:
ipisJpbvj

BBK shorty headers:

p9zWVGhOj

Old and Busted stock headers on the bottom:

eySw8huYj

New Hotness (put 42lb injectors on top en route to a procharger next year):

new items also include B303 cam, new harmonic balancer, 70mm throttle body, new fuel pump, new fuel regulator, bolts, gaskets, all that jazz.

the original heads had Crane roller rockers so those stayed.

exJRXHgHj

Fresh from the shop, going right into storage for the winter:

f0PzMZJSj

eyJetdcJj

idsUG3lXj

eyFbBVA5j

It's good to have her back.... (and no I didn't take up 2 parking spots, it was a corner spot):

eyXBKC1Kj

thanks for reading, one day i plan on taking some hi res shots someplace nice with her.

OP
OP
Y

Yon

Reaction score
that was actually valentines day last year, the flowers were for the girlfriend. But i didn't tell facebook that. :evil:

she was to say the least... not amused.

I guess I should include the other mods ive done:

MM strut tower brace
MM full length subframe connectors
FR 3.75 Gears
C&L cold air intake
Pro 5.0 shifter
Export Fender Flares
custom dyno tune via sniper chip

was considering an aluminum driveshaft, but wasnt sure if it was worth the hassle.

she was putting down 250rwhp on a mustang dyno before I chopped the cats off.... not sure what she's at now.

OP
OP
Y

Yon

Reaction score
Originally wanted a black foxbody, I had already come up with the name before i owned the car. Found a 93 black cobra but the guy wouldn't budge on the price. Thats when my buddy told me he was selling his '94. I liked that it was in virtually perfect condition. Kept the name anyway, i just tell people she's got a dark evil soul. Not to mention ablack mamba is a snake...it fits.

its also funny

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you were going to say you were from the Merion area and it was named after Kobe.

I am right across the river :)

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the asylum
Work is blocking the pics so I'll have to wait till I get home. It virtually looks good though.

OP
OP
Y

Yon

Reaction score
Originally from havertown, right next door to lower merion. Im in center city now, despite kobe's efforts, she's the only true mamba.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online