07GtS197

Reaction score
Damn thats cool but too bad it has a rod knock and has been sitting for 5 years. You can tell the guy took care of it too because it has a dash cover and steering wheel cover and the seats seem to be in great shape.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Damn thats cool but too bad it has a rod knock and has been sitting for 5 years. You can tell the guy took care of it too because it has a dash cover and steering wheel cover and the seats seem to be in great shape.

If I didn't already have the same car in white I would have bought it...

AStangThang

Reaction score
I feel ya on that one. My GT sat 4 years while I was in the Marines. I didn't have anyone to start it up. My dad lived 4 hours away, and my mom doesn't know how to use a clutch lol. I had to totally go through my car. Gas tank, lines, rails.
Brake hoses, lines, calipers, master cylinder. I took engine out, dropped in a rebuild w/ new intake. All new exhaust front go back. Every bushing, joint, link you can think of. The car had absolutely no rust, nor did it even think about having rust is the only reason why I did it. I've got new carpet, seats, all the window seals, door seals, trunk seals, new wiper cowl and wiper arms, new hood. I've got $15k back into it, and it hasn't even been painted yet. I know its a lot, but what the hell, it's mine, I've had it for 18 years, and it's not going anywhere. A lot of memories in the old girl. It's cheap on insurance, not bad on gas, sounds great, runs great, handles great. The interior goes in when it gets painted.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I feel ya on that one. My GT sat 4 years while I was in the Marines. I didn't have anyone to start it up. My dad lived 4 hours away, and my mom doesn't know how to use a clutch lol. I had to totally go through my car. Gas tank, lines, rails.
Brake hoses, lines, calipers, master cylinder. I took engine out, dropped in a rebuild w/ new intake. All new exhaust front go back. Every bushing, joint, link you can think of. The car had absolutely no rust, nor did it even think about having rust is the only reason why I did it. I've got new carpet, seats, all the window seals, door seals, trunk seals, new wiper cowl and wiper arms, new hood. I've got $15k back into it, and it hasn't even been painted yet. I know its a lot, but what the hell, it's mine, I've had it for 18 years, and it's not going anywhere. A lot of memories in the old girl. It's cheap on insurance, not bad on gas, sounds great, runs great, handles great. The interior goes in when it gets painted.
Thats really cool that you did that most people wouldve just dumped the car. Thats how I felt when I bought my 87 Grand Marquis. I hated to see it go to the crusher since there was pretty much nothing wrong with it. I wish I had more time and money, Id love to completely restore my 02 gt, I miss driving a new edge.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Thats really cool that you did that most people wouldve just dumped the car. Thats how I felt when I bought my 87 Grand Marquis. I hated to see it go to the crusher since there was pretty much nothing wrong with it. I wish I had more time and money, Id love to completely restore my 02 gt, I miss driving a new edge.
Thanks bro, I love my car man. I have had 4 other stangs while owning my 97, all were V8's of course, I just never could get rid of it. I dig the 94-98 bodies.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks bro, I love my car man. I have had 4 other stangs while owning my 97, all were V8's of course, I just never could get rid of it. I dig the 94-98 bodies.
I know exactly what you mean. I had a 00 gt then traded it for my 07 gt and I missed my new edge so much I bought my 02 gt back in september of 2016 and have tinkered with it since. Theres just something about the simplicity and sound of these cars that makes me not want to get rid of mine. When I was looking to buy one I really wanted to get a 96-98 and pi swap it but I couldnt find a good one in my area. I actually had to drive 3 hours to get my 02 gt and it was pretty much bone stock/unmolested. I couldnt pass it up.

AStangThang

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I had a 00 gt then traded it for my 07 gt and I missed my new edge so much I bought my 02 gt back in september of 2016 and have tinkered with it since. Theres just something about the simplicity and sound of these cars that makes me not want to get rid of mine. When I was looking to buy one I really wanted to get a 96-98 and pi swap it but I couldnt find a good one in my area. I actually had to drive 3 hours to get my 02 gt and it was pretty much bone stock/unmolested. I couldnt pass it up.
Sweet! I'm second owner of mine, all it had was a K &N ram air tube and a 6" filter. In getting ready to start another pi swap + cams, but this time it will be my 97. I will be starting a build thread in a couple of weeks.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm second owner of mine, all it had was a K &N ram air tube and a 6" filter. In getting ready to start another pi swap + cams, but this time it will be my 97. I will be starting a build thread in a couple of weeks.
Cool man I cant wait to see it! When I bought mine I thought it was bone stock but I later found out it had 3.73s and steeda sport springs. Im glad it has both honestly. The springs make for a great stance and the 3.73s are awesome. I think theyre perfect for a bolt on 2v with a 5 speed. And I love how cheap parts are for it. Im running an ebay special 75mm tb and have nothing but good things to say about it.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Word! I want springs, but I'm going to get my long tubes on first, and see how bad my spring isolators are worn, then do my measurements.The older 5.4's had 70mm throttle bodies. I forget the years, but you have to find a drive by cable. I'm running on of those lol. I'm probably only going to do a 1" front and 1.5" back drop. I think we hijacked the thread bro lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not if you have one of these. Muuahhh lol View attachment 666
thats ok I guess.
47152778511_0d23571d72.jpg

AStangThang

Reaction score
My two cents on buying a mustang that I was going to work on, would be a 2004 GT/hi miles, 5 or 6spd and swap in a coyote. Its almost a shoe in. dependable great mileage and well over 400 hp stock. Any horse with a 4.6 is a good thrifty start.
The 4.6L is a very dependable engine, and if anyone says different means they personally have a vendetta against ford of their just plain stupid, but both the old 5.0 and 4.6 is great engines. One of my buddies dad totaled his 2011 5.0 in the rear quarterpanel, it had 63k or 64k miles. They bought the car back from the insurance hoping to restore it until they actually found out how much was involved, so I'm trying to negotiate on the engine, harness, and other small stuff for around $3,500. I don't know exactly what will happen with it, but it may work out. I definitely want a 94-95 5.0 body, just because it's a 5.0 car, and what more fitting would it be to go from a 2v 5.0 to 4v 5.0 lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 4.6L is a very dependable engine, and if anyone says different means they personally have a vendetta against ford of their just plain stupid, but both the old 5.0 and 4.6 is great engines. One of my buddies dad totaled his 2011 5.0 in the rear quarterpanel, it had 63k or 64k miles. They bought the car back from the insurance hoping to restore it until they actually found out how much was involved, so I'm trying to negotiate on the engine, harness, and other small stuff for around $3,500. I don't know exactly what will happen with it, but it may work out.

That would be an absolute steal if you could get everything for that price!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
That would be an absolute steal if you could get everything for that price!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm hoping like hell to get it, and have been talking to him for 6 months about it, so It's not going anywhere soon. I'm hoping he will part with it all, he's kinda a weird mo fo lol, but if something for the worse happens, there's a another engine with a spun rod on Craigslist for $1,000 exactly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah