New member. New GT help. Beware multiple random questions

AceSpadeIV

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I have an 04 GT that I purchased very recently. 94k miles dark shadow gray with some appearance mods. Otherwise bone stock. Drives great. The car originated from RI and it has some squeaky noises/random noises probabaly from humid air and rust. my question is how to resolve these. I have squeaking coming from the front suspension when slowly driving or hitting bumps. I also have a clacking noise that happens on cold start but there is no rhythm to it just a random "clack..clack.........clack" not loud but noticeable. Wondering if anyone else has had these same noises and what I should do. And also what the best things are to check for on a car from the coast like this one, for general maintenance. (I'm thinking spark plugs should be checked) thanks for any helpful feedback. Sorry for the long post. Cheers -newguy

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
squeeking noises are probably old worn out bushings. Get a vid of the clacking and we can help better. Welcome to the forum.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
squeeking noises are probably old worn out bushings. Get a vid of the clacking and we can help better. Welcome to the forum.

Agree’d.

Squeeking in the front is likely:

Struts
Balljoints
Spring isolators

Clacking on startup that goes away is likely timing chain slap as the tensioners pump up with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online