New metra double DIN plate for 94-2000 mustang

laramik

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that Metra just released a new dash plate for anyone who would like to install a double DIN on their 94-2000 Stang. Basically it replaces the stock plate to one which will accept a double DIN.
Part number is 95-5703b. I've only been able to find it at two places though as the company just launched it in Feb 2019

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am curious to see it since it would still require trimming the under dash and unless it has its own mount, making one.

OP
OP
laramik

laramik

Reaction score
Here's a photo of it. I found install instructions the other day but can't now.
0cd245e0cb446bc7c7d7e13f7a86516d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

trebor3170

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, I'll post in the intro thread later. I ordered one of these over the weekend, I'll let you know how it works out when I get it, and post pics if I can. Yes, you do have to cut the 2 tabs off, they say that you can't reinstall the stock bezel after you cut them off, but my 95 has one broken, and no screw in the other one, so, yes you can. This has a mounting bracket that uses the two lower screws on the heat a/c control panel, and 4 screws into the dash, behind the bezel.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Funny, i was on ebay looking around, scoped out the bezel selection to replace my broken one and noticed the new replacement. I was going to make a post about but you beat me to it...lol.

Ill probably be ordering one for myself. Although ill be installing gauges in place of the radio.

trebor3170

Reaction score
I did buy an 01-04 bezel, was $65 + shipping, if I recall correctly. I looked at some you-tube videos, and threads on various Mustang forums about doing the install. Brackets would have to be fabricated, I work in a machine shop, so fabricating is not really a problem, but, if you measure wrong, you're starting over, also, I understand that the 94-00 shifter bezel won't work with the 01-04 radio bezel, so I would have to get a shift bezel to match. I'm assuming this bracket/bezel kit is made to work with the 94-00 shift bezel. I will find out in a few days, and let you guys know how it went.

9838stang

Reaction score
I did buy an 01-04 bezel, was $65 + shipping, if I recall correctly. I looked at some you-tube videos, and threads on various Mustang forums about doing the install. Brackets would have to be fabricated, I work in a machine shop, so fabricating is not really a problem, but, if you measure wrong, you're starting over, also, I understand that the 94-00 shifter bezel won't work with the 01-04 radio bezel, so I would have to get a shift bezel to match. I'm assuming this bracket/bezel kit is made to work with the 94-00 shift bezel. I will find out in a few days, and let you guys know how it went.

Why won't it work with the 94-00 shifter bezel?DSC_0393redo_zpsvudli79r.jpg

DSC_0389redo_zpsv5minlxf.jpg

IMG_20190324_182106186.jpg

trebor3170

Reaction score

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Wish I saw this earlier today. I just spent a good amount of time repairing the tabs on my 01-04 radio bezel, and ordered a new dash kit...
This would be much easier...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
in the 2nd and 3rd pic the right side is not lined up. The bezels are similar but there is a slight design change that if you are not picky you can live with it but if it bugs you it bugs you.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That metro kit has an odd color to it. The pic they show installed just doesn’t look very close to factory.

I could see using this if your factory one is all busted up but it just looks to “knock off” to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9838stang

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting, I was of the understanding that the 94-00 shifter bezel was different from the 01-04, and wouldn't work with the later radio surround, I guess I understood wrong.
What did you do to fill in the switch holes, filler, sanding & paint?

They look almost identical to me... I kept my shift bezel and boot cause I did a custom stitch color to it. Didn't wanna mess around going to a 01-04

I made some aluminum blanks and glues them in place. The did a layer of filler over it and painted the bezel.
in the 2nd and 3rd pic the right side is not lined up. The bezels are similar but there is a slight design change that if you are not picky you can live with it but if it bugs you it bugs you.

I think it isn't lining up cause I broke the little tab the bezel need to stay in place in that corner. I'll make another one in the future but for now, I'm not worried about it .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is it possible the tabs being broken happened while it was being installed? Its been a while since I saw one but IIRC its off just enough that if you try to put the tabs in correctly, it doesn't line up and if you line it up and jam it in then the tabs break. After that unless there is something else holding it in place it tends to be loose fitting and move around.

9838stang

Reaction score
Is it possible the tabs being broken happened while it was being installed? Its been a while since I saw one but IIRC its off just enough that if you try to put the tabs in correctly, it doesn't line up and if you line it up and jam it in then the tabs break. After that unless there is something else holding it in place it tends to be loose fitting and move around.

No it broke when I was pulling it back out. I made enough room and slack in my radio support so I could move it around when I placed the bezel in to get the radio centered. Once it was centered, I tried to pull the bezel out and I head a little plastic snap. I found the little metal clips and the plastic peg the clip is attached to. But it snapped clear off.

trebor3170

Reaction score
Ok guys, the kit arrived today, Fri the 29th, and is installed, and looks pretty good. It took me about 3hrs, mostly due to user error, if I didn't f up, I think I could have done it in about 1/2 hr. Most of the non-fu time was spent doing up the wiring, I already had an aftermarket head unit, so just had to swap out the connector, I solder and heat shrink, so it takes awhile. No pics right now, cause it was getting dark when I finished, and anyway it's 11:40, and beer is being drank, therefore more details pending. I know a waiting period is in place before pics can be uploaded, and I don't know how anyway, so that is something I need to figure out. Later

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.