New Mexico member here, new/not new!

Maximum95

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been on here since January 2011, but I haven't posted in years.
I decided it's time to get back on!
I bought my 1995 Laser Red GT in 2010 with 90k on the clock. Bone stock! 148k on the car right now. Lots of mods over the years, and she's been through several phases.

Here are a couple photos.

Then:

52384462768_c77d8bab36_c.jpg

Now:

52384462153_26561e9795_b.jpg

52384221421_821dc3dde3_b.jpg

Major mods consist of:

Stock bottom end 302
Trick Flow 170cc heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
'94-'95 Cobra manifold
BBK long tubes
BBK off-road x-pipe
Magnaflow mufflers
AEM 320lph pump
30lb injectors
Pro-M MAF
BBK CAI
QuarterHorse
MSD 6A

BC Racing coilovers
QA1 k-member
Maximum Motorsports front control arms
Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit
BMR adjustable rear upper control arms
Eibach sway bars
Maximum Motorsports front sway bar relocation kit
Maximum Motorsports full-length subframe connectors
Cobra R Brembo front brakes
Cobra rear brakes
WedsSport SA-70 wheels

There is a bunch more little stuff but I can add that to a build thread or something.
Looking forward to meeting some new people, helping out and getting advice!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Good to see some new mexico peeps on here
Welcome again

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I'm around the anthony new mexico area
About 15 miles from Texas border
3 hrs from you

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
no problem
there is another guy on the forum DKblue98gt
that lives there in your area

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score

rio_snek

Reaction score
Thank you very much my friend, I'm glad to see you here too! Haven't seen your car in a while!
The vert has unfortunately been parted out and sold. I've got a 95 cobra I'm in the process of building now, it just isn't far enough along that it's worth sharing yet.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and I also follow you on IG. Please do start up a build thread and give us the story of that ride.

The Mid Night style sticker gets a thumbs up from me.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
The vert has unfortunately been parted out and sold. I've got a 95 cobra I'm in the process of building now, it just isn't far enough along that it's worth sharing yet.
Okay awesome. I'm excited to see that! I'm surprised though, I feel like people who have had a New Edge tend to stick with them. I'm glad you're in an SN!
Such a badass fit
Thank you! Took some courage to cut the hood, but thankfully it came out the way I wanted it.
Welcome to the forum and I also follow you on IG. Please do start up a build thread and give us the story of that ride.

The Mid Night style sticker gets a thumbs up from me.
I'm sure you saw, but I just followed you! I'm not sure how I missed your Instagram. Awesome ride!

And yes, the car has a storied history. It's been through a lot with me. I will definitely get a thread started. Thank you for encouraging it!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the midnight club era did sound like a good time. Nice car! Looks like a good list of mods an the motor short of the longtubes is exactly what I have + the supercharger. Keep your eyes open for one used and it makes it a VERY good time.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
the midnight club era did sound like a good time. Nice car! Looks like a good list of mods an the motor short of the longtubes is exactly what I have + the supercharger. Keep your eyes open for one used and it makes it a VERY good time.

Thank you! I used to have a ProCharger D1 on the car, with stock heads and cam. It was a hoot! But I actually got back into the forum because someone sent me their turbo install thread. I believe that's where I'm headed next. The "Mid Night" theme is not coincidental, the car spends a lot of time at 110+mph while the moon is out. I'm thinking the turbo will be better for that type of driving. I did 153mph on the stock engine. Haven't topped it out since the motor work. I would love to hit 170mph or so. So yeah, I definitely need another 100hp.

Tripp

Reaction score
I've a question for you bro, Do you get any rain on Albuquerque? Would it be dangerous to have rain on a setup like yours? I'm a fan of your car.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
I've a question for you bro, Do you get any rain on Albuquerque? Would it be dangerous to have rain on a setup like yours? I'm a fan of your car.

Thank you! The rain here is pretty infrequent, and usually not very heavy. I have a few other cars so the '95 GT is garaged and I always check the weather before I leave. If I do decide to take it on a trip with the hood, I might invest in a boot for the distributor. They don't like to get wet.

Since your car is a 4.6L, I would think it might be fine with a hood vent like mine. The only concern would be the alternator in my opinion. Perhaps you could make a deflector to bolt over the top of it. Besides that, your electrical and ignition system has waterproof connections.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online