New motor disappointment

torch318

Reaction score
This spring when I broke a piston in my motor I went ahead and ordered a MMR longblock with tfs heads and stage three blower cams.I added the other supporting mods bigger injectors, return fuel system, eight rib upgrade on my p-1sc, 10 percent overdrive crank pulley after some belt slip, thump racing tensioner. My tuner called today and said that my new motor only made 413 hp with 14.5 lbs of boost and my old setup ran 390 hp with 13 lbs of boost thru a auto trans:mad:. He really didn't have any answers for why it doesn't make anymore power but is concerned about the cams being improperly degreed. His other concerns were the IAT's jump from 80 to 180 on a full pull, he doesn't like my pro products intake manifold due to heat soak and prefers a stock one. Anyone have any thoughts on whats going on.

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
Intercooler setup? Sounds like he's pulling timing for those iat's. The manifold has nothing to do with it.
Im running a two core intercooler he said a three core would be better.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Something definitely off. What fuel are you running? When you say you upgraded the fuel system what size injectors and pumps are you running? What kind of timing are you seeing?

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
Something definitely off. What fuel are you running? When you say you upgraded the fuel system what size injectors and pumps are you running? What kind of timing are you seeing?
Im running 91 octane with 60 lbs injectors and a division x budget return system with two 255 lph pumps. Not sure what the timing is at we didnt get into that when I talked to him on the phone.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Your prob over spinning the supercharger to get those iat's 60/65k is the limit of that charger. I bet if you turn it down to 10psi it will prob be more efficient. Lower iat's means more timing which means more power

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
Your prob over spinning the supercharger to get those iat's 60/65k is the limit of that charger. I bet if you turn it down to 10psi it will prob be more efficient. Lower iat's means more timing which means more power
He talked me into doing the overdrive crank pulley which puts the blower rpms at 71k

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
The plan is to upgrade to a d1 down the road. The tfs heads come with upgraded springs and they are MMR's blower cams

Wichers123

Reaction score
fts heads have two different springs. I'm wondering if your having valve float and with added iat's it's just not making the power.

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
fts heads have two different springs. I'm wondering if your having valve float and with added iat's it's just not making the power.
Well that would be MMR'S f*** up but since they built the longblock I would hope they put the right springs in.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Yeah I would say so. Um your high iat's need to be looked into. And when you say with out the od pulley you only made 400 was that before the built motor?

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
Yeah I would say so. Um your high iat's need to be looked into. And when you say with out the od pulley you only made 400 was that before the built motor?
No that was a month ago with the new motor it only made 400

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
COMPRESSION COMPRESSION COMPRESSION!!!

Lets say with stock heads your compression was 8:1static with corrected dished pistons. Then you add cams that change the IVC location, this effectively altered your dynamic compression, now your 8:1static is nearly impossible to achieve because of effective compression.

Since you opt for tfs heads, raise your static to 11:1static with the .020" squish distance. Pump her full of air!

I can narrow down the actual static compression for your particular build if you specify all the technical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online