New N/A numbers

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Judging by that climb to 5000rpms and tapers off, you can tell the pi intake is on it. Time to go trick flow intake and and a .030" decked block!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea its still the old 2V lol. No problems with the PCV system because I deleted it lol.

Well I put my stock short block back in just to get the car running and driving again. I also just happened to buy a set of bigger cams for my old motor before I found out that the heads were shot. So I was actually hoping that I would make close to the same HP as before going back to the stock short block because I was dropping a full point of compression by doing so, and I was hoping that the new larger cams would offset the compression drop and put me back where I was powerwise...so that plus an additional 25rwhp was a pleasant surprise...lol

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i understand now. lol.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ment piston to valve clearance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

aah, I gotcha lol. Well the TFS heads allow for way more PTV clearance than the PI heads. So if your buddy wants to run a large cam, he either needs to get some TFS heads, or notch his pistons. The cams that I am currently running are as big as I can go without notching pistons in the TFS heads.

Judging by that climb to 5000rpms and tapers off, you can tell the pi intake is on it. Time to go trick flow intake and and a .030" decked block!!

That's the plan! Im thinking of aborting the big bore idea just because of the cost factor, so what Id really like to do is build my Teksid to 11.5:1 compression ratio with a decked block, and run the oval throttle body Street Burner intake. Im probably not going to go any bigger in cam, just for the fact that the car is streetable right now, but its not going to take much more cam to make it suck to drive on the street, and its a 90% street car, so Id like to build the motor based off of my current cams...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Good numbers, look to see what you want, an edelbrock manifold is lighter and gives you some options for plenums and throttle bodys...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good numbers, look to see what you want, an edelbrock manifold is lighter and gives you some options for plenums and throttle bodys...

Thanks, what's your opinion on an intake duff? I was thinking about the Eddy but wasn't sure if it would be too much intake for my setup. I don't want anything that's going to push my shift points too high. I figured that something with a little bit longer runners would be better but I'm not sure...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Longer, ypu have some options but the tfs and bullitt suck (weight vs gains) l, maybe a p51 used?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the dilemma that Im in. Im going to a Teksid block to save some weight so I don't want to drop a heavy intake on it and have heat soak on top of it. I see that MadStag gained like 30rwhp on his N/A setup by porting his stock intake. I wonder if it would be worth anything for me to port match the intake and heads to the gaskets when I have it apart and just leave the PI on it. I hate to spend a grand on an intake just to see if it works...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yours cams, tfs heads and their squish, aluminum block, stock rings, (long tubes?) I would not be affraid of 13.1 using long tubes and eddy intake with pump gas, but you got to get them pistons about .020" or less squish. Having .080" squish 13.1 compression is not the same as .020" 13.1 compression. Pistons have to kiss the heads!

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea on my Teksid I want to zero deck the block no matter what final compression ratio I end up with..just so its more efficient. I have MAC longtubes right now but probably get stainless works longtubes for the next build. I live about a half hour from them and I can get a discount through work...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If you zero deck the block that still leaves roughly .030" gasket thickness and the fact its an aluminum block. Go have your block decked .030" so that the piston exceeds the deck .010". Im assuming your pistons are valve notched and if they are, decking .030" will put you exactly where you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online