New o2 sensors bad? or??

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ah okay your good then as far as headgaskets wise. Check your injectors for leaking o-rings

will do. can the o rings still leak even if there isnt any gas puddles? If there was a blockage or something wrong with the fuel pump or filter, wouldnt it affect it through out the RPM's? or just at certain ones? it just feels like i did something to make it worse, since it started acting up more after i took off the IAC and cleaned it and cleaned the TB.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
will do. can the o rings still leak even if there isnt any gas puddles? If there was a blockage or something wrong with the fuel pump or filter, wouldnt it affect it through out the RPM's? or just at certain ones? it just feels like i did something to make it worse, since it started acting up more after i took off the IAC and cleaned it and cleaned the TB.

Could be a number of things honestly. I suggested the o-rings since one on one of my injectors was bad, and the car was pinging bad, terrible acceleration etc. Something fuel related would be throughout the rpms yes. Your really not supposed to clean the throttlebody, even though people say to clean it. I'd replace the fuel filter when you get a chance, cheap enough and easy to do, might be clogged

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
is there any reason why you shouldnt clean it out? Just curious since youre the first to say that. hopefully next week i can get the spark plugs, wires, and fuel filter done.

when the motor starts to ping, what exactly does it sound like?

toyman

Reaction score
The TB from Ford has a special coating that resists buildup that might affect the air flow. TB cleaners will remove this coating which will require you to clean it on a frequent basis. The coated TB while looking dirty isn't usually an issue. The warning is on a label where the air tube is attached and is visible when the tube is removed.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What he said^^ Pinging was going through my exhaust, felt like popping in the exhaust, car wouldn't go anywhere even floored it bogged bad.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What he said^^ Pinging was going through my exhaust, felt like popping in the exhaust, car wouldn't go anywhere even floored it bogged bad.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. When i am at higher speeds (70+) i feel like it bucks. Im not sure if that counts as pinging? but its definitely annoying

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The TB from Ford has a special coating that resists buildup that might affect the air flow. TB cleaners will remove this coating which will require you to clean it on a frequent basis. The coated TB while looking dirty isn't usually an issue. The warning is on a label where the air tube is attached and is visible when the tube is removed.

do the BBK TB's have this coating? im going to get a 70 MM tb soon.

toyman

Reaction score
do the BBK TB's have this coating? im going to get a 70 MM tb soon.

I don't know but I would guess they don't. If they did they probably would have a similar warning label.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
ahhh. ok so just for my record, how to you properly clean the IAC, TB's, MAF?

toyman

Reaction score
ahhh. ok so just for my record, how to you properly clean the IAC, TB's, MAF?

Remove the item from the car with maybe the exception being the TB. Spray with TB cleaner. For the MAF remove the sensor and clean with MAF cleaner or electrical contact cleaner or non-chlorinated carb cleaner. Spray well and let dry. The sensor wire is fragile so if you are going to use a q-tip be careful. The IAC cannot be effectively cleaned except for the protective bellows. Use non-chlorinated carb cleaner or TB cleaner. The MAF and IAC can fail and no amount of cleaning will fix that event.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Soooo, weirdest thing happened today, so i punched the gas today, and it just lagged. I went over a bump and bam! power surge! so im really thinking something is blocking my fuel. Ive got my fuel filter, plugs and wires coming in wednesday, hopefully its that.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
can it be an exhaust leak? My exhaust does sound kind of weird after a certain RPM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online