New Owner of a 2014.5 Mustang!

TanTop94

Reaction score
[video=youtube;uMQqnqGzgHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMQqnqGzgHM[/video]

Good thing I don't need horse power to....DANCE!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just another lame attempt to get attention from an industry that hasn't had an original idea in 2 decades. Ad executives must have the hardest jobs ever because none of their employees can think for themselves and keep rehashing shit from the 80's. The 80's were interesting but they weren't that great that everyone has to keep going back and reviving all the dumb stuff.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
They need to "whip it" into shape, then "get physical" cramming their ad campaign down our throats.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just another lame attempt to get attention from an industry that hasn't had an original idea in 2 decades. Ad executives must have the hardest jobs ever because none of their employees can think for themselves and keep rehashing shit from the 80's. The 80's were interesting but they weren't that great that everyone has to keep going back and reviving all the dumb stuff.

I think that partially true. The other part is the demographic.
The people that lived through the 80's are now in they're 50's. Their kids are out of the house , they have steady well paying jobs too.
They're aiming the ad at those people to try to bring back memories.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They are off on their timing also. The Mustang didn't get popular until second half of the 80's when EFI went on the Fox. This retarded dancing and battle crap was the early 80's and died out quickly. If they want to get the 80's Mustang crowd to relive memories they better get some Master of Puppets going in the commercials, that what we were listening to while out looking for GN's and IROC's :)

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I believe this genre of music was classified as soulless pop dance music or the like and while it may have been short lived during the 80s, there's a peculiar appreciation for it nowadays by the youths. It ties into raves, festivals, dance music, edm, it's like the birthing point for most of this.

Take for example this song right here, brand ****ing new, and sounds like it came straight from the 80s.
I should mention though, I am actually a fan of it all. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM

So as far as the whole when the foxbody was popular, you gotta try and think less like a mustang owner and more like an ad developer, if anything they probably didn't even consider the popularity of the mustang at the time and are treating the new mustang as an entirely new platform to be introduced. Sure they throw us car people a bone every now and then, but that's not where the money is at.
The car is meant to be youthful and meant for younger people rather than the reminiscent memory of the older style mustang (like the 05-13) which I am a fan of, but I'm just stating this is why it is what it is.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IM SORRY I DIDNT READ THIS THREAD.

I thought your video post was about celebrating... . . . .. . ... fml.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99