New PI motor

dutman98

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this motor. Brand new 2002 PI with everything. I called them and they said it wont work because of the fuel system on my 98GT. I know that my year is diffrent than any others but what all do I need to change and has anybody on here done this? also any thoughts or suggests would be appreciated.

Here is the company and the motors they have for sale
http://www.hawaiiracing.com/?page=s...category_id=10c39692d59e0672673c3047c50ebfd9&

4point6GT

Reaction score
whoever they are they dont kno shit, cause a pi motor can go in a 98 gt like yours n mine pefectly, yes u might need to upgrade or swap a few things but a pi engine is prolly the easiest swap and I know this cause I too was gonna swap mine. If a terminator can be stuffed in my car with time n money then a regular pi engine should go in with hardly any money and barely any time. in other words buy it b4 I do, jk but do it! O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your using your old fuel system.
Good luck with it! you'll like it.

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Btw, what is diffrent about the 98 fuel system? You can hardly find a aftermarket fuel pump?

ripper

Reaction score
There nuts and probubly gonna rob ya LOL. I put a pi motor in my 96. Had to swap the timing chain cover and get a new flywheel. Does that motor come with the intake? It says all accessories so i guess so. I got a forged pi motor and had it installed in 2 days for $6820.00. That included everything.

Adam

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
the 98 is the same as the 99+, returnless...

Thats not correct, the 98 is a return-style system. The 99+ are returnless. The 98 is different from even the 96,97 return-style sytems.

Adam

Reaction score
Stevo said:
There nuts and probubly gonna rob ya LOL. I put a pi motor in my 96. Had to swap the timing chain cover and get a new flywheel. Does that motor come with the intake? It says all accessories so i guess so. I got a forged pi motor and had it installed in 2 days for $6820.00. That included everything.

Timing chain cover should have been the same, you probably have Windsor heads now which require different timing cover bolts, and you have a Windsor 8 bolt crank now(or Cobra crank) which will not work with your 96 6 bolt romeo flywheel. O0

4point6GT

Reaction score
Stevo said:

everything as with even the engine ? damn thats 8)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Adam said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

Thats not correct, the 98 is a return-style system. The 99+ are returnless. The 98 is different from even the 96,97 return-style sytems.
then why do people use 99+ pumps in there 98s?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
whoever they are they dont kno shit, cause a pi motor can go in a 98 gt like yours n mine pefectly, yes u might need to upgrade or swap a few things but a pi engine is prolly the easiest swap and I know this cause I too was gonna swap mine. If a terminator can be stuffed in my car with time n money then a regular pi engine should go in with hardly any money and barely any time. in other words buy it b4 I do, jk but do it! O0

+1

ripper

Reaction score
Adam said:
Stevo said:

Timing chain cover should have been the same, you probably have Windsor heads now which require different timing cover bolts, and you have a Windsor 8 bolt crank now(or Cobra crank) which will not work with your 96 6 bolt romeo flywheel. O0

I have romeo heads we just swapped the cover. And yes its a cobra crank so we used an aluminum flywheel since we had to change it anyhow and the motor was balanced.
4point6GT said:
Stevo said:

everything as with even the engine ? damn thats 8)
Yep that was EVERYTHING including new PI intake, new motor mounts and water pump, flywheel, ill post the motor hold on a sec.

ripper

Reaction score
This motor was from ProMar racing engines in Paterson NJ.

10 Peach Street - Paterson, New Jersey 07503
973-684-1500 Fax: 973-684-1212
Toll-Free 1-800-422-6022

4.6 P.I. engine components(specs)

Production 4.6 Romeo block, studded mains, bored and stress-plate honed .020( 3.571)
New factory Cobra steel crank
Eagle H-beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts
Probe 18cc dish forged piston (9.1:1)
Factory P.I. cylinder heads with 44cc chamber
Factory P.I. camshafts 192/184 duration @.050 .535/.505 lift
ARP head stud kit and MLS Fel-Pro head gaskets
Balanced rotating assembly +/- 1 gram

These are the additional parts and services featured on this engine.
Everything else is remanufactured to stock specs (bearing clearances etc…)

Its also bored .20 over which gives you a 285ci engine instead of 281ci (lol hey every cube counts) :D

Adam

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Adam said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

then why do people use 99+ pumps in there 98s?

The 98 is its own unique system. I was not aware of people using 99 pumps on a 98? Maybe a 98 Cobra pump. They use completely different systems and you can do things with the returnless system in the tune that the 98-older cannot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online