New pictures of my cobra

caseypayne69

Reaction score
the website, said the springs Footnote
40 Performance aftermarket shocks or struts is highly recommended in this application. So what are you guys using?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
the website, said the springs Footnote
40 Performance aftermarket shocks or struts is highly recommended in this application. So what are you guys using?

KYB AGX's

SonicStang said:
BTW do you run a 180 deg thermostat?

I ran a 160 and 180 in my gt and it didn't seem to make a difference. I also ran a 50/50 mix, 70 h2o 30 eth/gly and straight h2o with watter wetter and the car still ran the same temp-wise. :dunno: I think I would need a new rad to see differences in temp b/c the stock one wasn't doing the trick.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
very nice, but with that drop what size tires are u running in the front? and do they rub?

OP
OP
Z

ZimStang

Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
very nice, but with that drop what size tires are u running in the front? and do they rub?
I have 285/35/18s, they only rub at full lock turning right.

And that tire size is not a typo :)

OP
OP
Z

ZimStang

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
I love this guys stance too, but whats isolators?

theyre pieces of urethane usually... stock i dont know what theyre made out of, maybe just rubber. Theres one on top of the spring, it looks like a donut, then another on the bottom. Theyre there to keep road noise out of the cabin and prevent rust and other stuff like that building up between the springs and their holsters or whatever those are. By taking mine out, it gave me more of a drop since theres not that extra stuff in between.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
looks great, im running 285s in the front too and want to lower it like urs. can u tell me the spings u got and what u did to make it this low. also how does it ride? any noises from taking out the isolators. sorry for all the questions haha

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
sorry for all the questions haha

thats what we do here, ask questions! im sure your not the only one who is curious to know either.

OP
OP
Z

ZimStang

Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
looks great, im running 285s in the front too and want to lower it like urs. can u tell me the spings u got and what u did to make it this low. also how does it ride? any noises from taking out the isolators. sorry for all the questions haha

Theyre H&R supersports, I dont have any noise issues... the rides a little harsher but i dont mind it. Just take out all the isolators, get those springs, have a heavy v8 up front, and there ya go... you get what you see there :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99