New Pro Products intake 4.6 GT

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new lower intake from Professional Products and Anderson Ford Motorsport? Its featured in the new 5.0 mag, from what the article says its pretty impressive showing gains of 25hp and 21tq. Of course that was on a well assembled motor so I wonder how it would do as a swapped part on a stock GT ??? but its better than the stock one anyway because its aluminum ;) Just wanted to see you guys opinions on it, by the way its already for sale at RPM outlet for 499.95 (it says thats the starting price)

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
tough crowd :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: you GT guys are not interested? ???

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, we've been hearing about these intakes for years and when they finally test one its on a full out NA engine with the upper plenum and TB included in the #'s gained. So the real gains are minimal and only above 4800rpms. They actually lost power down low...so instead of worrying about the junk intakes a I bought a blower to replace that intake. Problem solved :pimp2:

97vertstang

Reaction score
wouldnt this intake be a good replacement for us npi guys???us guys with npi intakes that need to change intakes anyways.wouldnt it be a better to go with this one instead??

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
wouldnt this intake be a good replacement for us npi guys???us guys with npi intakes that need to change intakes anyways.wouldnt it be a better to go with this one instead??

doesnt fit non PI heads

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's nice to see one Fiiiiiinally done, and under a G.! (bout Q#$#@$ time)

Also agree, numbers are on a built motor, how bout on a stock block?

I think its worth the cost, and should get better under boost, but I"d also like to see test some numbers on it.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
It's nice to see one Fiiiiiinally done, and under a G.! (bout Q#$#@$ time)

Also agree, numbers are on a built motor, how bout on a stock block?

I think its worth the cost, and should get better under boost, but I"d also like to see test some numbers on it.

with it being alum its way better than stock by that aspect alone

STNG_96

Reaction score
WEll, for 500 dollars, it better make some decent gains for me to buy it. The aluminum is nice, but dosent do much for me :dunno:

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
WEll, for 500 dollars, it better make some decent gains for me to buy it. The aluminum is nice, but dosent do much for me :dunno:

If you ever run boost or nos it sure will.

Adam

Reaction score
Hold up fellas. Logan Motorsports along with a modularmisfit.com car are working on a sheetmetal intake right now. The finished price should be around $800. here is a link... http://modularmisfits.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1110 we are not sure what kind of numbers this will create as it is still in the mock up phase. That and we don't want to spout off big numbers and have it be a dud, but initial dyno testing on the engine program looks promising. ;)

Adam

Adam

Reaction score
STNG_96 said:

You think $800 is a lot of money for a custom sheet metal intake? I can see you haven't exactly researched this.

Adam

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Adam said:
STNG_96 said:

You think $800 is a lot of money for a custom sheet metal intake? I can see you haven't exactly researched this.

Adam

not to mention the cost of a 4.6 intake in the first place...........800 for a sheet metal one is pretty good considering the rest of the options

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I am following that intaje closely. As well as the one that was talked about in last issue of MM and FF. Wished I knew more about that one. It made some impressive HP!@!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Adam said:
STNG_96 said:

Adam
Is that intake just a lower, or is it an entire intake? I remember seeing the thread on MM but don;t remember the full specs.

Adam

Reaction score
Intakes get confusing so I'll try to explain it. It will be a complete intake. That means you will NOT use a plenum. Only a throttle body. Is that what you mean? I hope this clears some things up.

Adam :)

Adam

Reaction score
I have been told that this intake will be done and we will be dyno testing next Saturday. I have my personal doubts about the completion time, BUT, if its happens I will have pics video and dyno sheets.....see ya.

Adam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online