New Project! White 97 Cobra

kvoriley

Reaction score
Well, Sold My Gt:
http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?67479-Autumn-Orange-97-GT-Revival-(Build-Thread)

And bought a 97 Cobra for 100 bucks cheaper.

Gotta say, I love this car! Needs some TLC for sure. Paint is peeling, typical for this color.. but the rest of the body is in great shape, and no rust at all underneath.

Here are some pics of what I'm working with:

Most of the peeling is on the roof, and here on the rear quarter.

Got her home, this thing is DIRTY on the inside.

That white is bright!!

Messy Engine Bay...

Before any mods begin on the to-do list:
Coolant Flush
Plugs
Clean the piss out of it
Clean IMRC's and inspect timing chains
Also seems to have a whining noise coming from the transmission, needs diagnosed.
Although the rest of the car will eventually need painted, going to paint the top black to prevent any rust from occuring

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Started messing with the car.
Found that someone removed the check engine light bulb lol, with this car treated the way it was, I figured it had a code or two and it did. I also noticed the fans were staying on at all times
Threw a code for a Coolant Temperature Sensor and Purge Valve, so I'll have to add that to the list

Started cleaning the interior, here is a little shot to show how dirty all of the interior is, the rest of the pictures you can't really tell. everything was covered in dirt.

After some cleaning, next going to pull the carpets and degrease them....and fix that broken gas pedal lol

Started polishing the wheels as well, could use some more polishing, but the difference is night and day.

20150827_192451_zpshb03ipfr.jpg
[/URL]

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Might take a little while before I can get to the fun stuff. Keep finding more and more crap the previous owners rigged up

Ground Strap from the body was replaced with what looks like speaker wire lol

Battery cable ground looks like it was broken and they used a crimp connection to try and fix it...explains my charging issue... :deeplist:

Mach System has been bypassed.

The fog lights were also rewired, but looks like the factory harnesses are still there, I think it is just a faulty fog light switch.
Here is the mess I pulled out of the engine bay

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, just wish I had more time to mess with it, will hopefully post more updates very soon

jpruitt

Reaction score
I've always loved white Cobra's regardless of year. But the SN95 is just more unique to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online