New purchase.

jbrock

Reaction score
So I just purchased a 98 v6 auto for 1000 bucks, runs great has a cai and magna flow single muffler from previous owner. needs little body work and paint. good deal right?

so here is a question. driving it home to day I notice the tranny slips only when I let off gas, now I have had two other mustangs an 04 cobra 5 speed and a 95 convertible auto. to me this isn't the normal point you would have a slip in an auto but I have never had a cai in a v6 mustang could this cause this? or should I go ahead and do a filter and flush on tranny?

my plans for this car as of now are just a nice pretty weekend driver, no race car or street demon. gonna do some new paint and probably a dual exhaust so not gonna drop in a 5 speed lol. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance

OP
OP
J

jbrock

Reaction score
no it is the rare daddys money paid for it and she wanted something more "trucky" i am not joking those were the exact words, it does need a lot of cosmetics but i have a good paint body guy owes me some favors uploading pics

OP
OP
J

jbrock

Reaction score
12038430_1210977312250901_8760888032264279243_n_zpsewldewil.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
J

jbrock

Reaction score
and y you are right the cobra was a six speed, my bad i let her go in 06 and regretted it ever since

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Must be the rare SRS version.

no it is the rare daddys money paid for it and she wanted something more "trucky" i am not joking those were the exact words, it does need a lot of cosmetics but i have a good paint body guy owes me some favors uploading pics

and y you are right the cobra was a six speed, my bad i let her go in 06 and regretted it ever since

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Lol. SRS.

Forgot it was a 6 speed?! Comonsun.

Anywayy.... looks like youve got alot of work ahead of you. Maybe just pull an auto from another v6, sounds like that one is on its way out... Maaco paint job and a junkyard tranny will transform it.

OP
OP
J

jbrock

Reaction score
my "slip" in tranny turned out to be the #6 plug that was fouled up, got to really dig into it today and replaced plugs and wires as well as oil change since I was off. drives great now. time for body work and paint now. unless I decide to switch out beat up old front bumper first. hhmmm. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online