New Respect for Fiberglass Guys . . .

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I have spent all freakin day working the fiberglass deck lid . . . what a complete pain in the ass. I have a newfound respect for the guys who are really good at this shit.

98bluevert

Reaction score
Is it a full glaas decklid or are you just filling in the holes for the spoiler. Because if you got the lid from a junk aftermarket company you should have sent it back before messing with it.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
98bluevert said:
Is it a full glaas decklid or are you just filling in the holes for the spoiler. Because if you got the lid from a junk aftermarket company you should have sent it back before messing with it.

Its a full glass lift off piece. Just one thin sheet. And I think the reason I had to work it so much was my car is a vert. and the trim is different around the trunk (prolly the trunk size, too)

Check out my build thread and you'll see that most of my car is custom fabbed, anyway. If it save me a few pounds it's worth it.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
id love to learn to fiberglass.. it looks like a fun type of work if your good at it.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
id love to learn to fiberglass.. it looks like a fun type of work if your good at it.

Yeah . . my neighbor is really good at it. I'm going to get him to teach me the basics. I'd love to be able to fab up my own parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online