New Rims *UPDATED WITH NEW PICS!*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by St33da, Jun 26, 2007.

1. St33da

St33da Active Member

Well I just bought some 18x9 Silver Saleen Replica rims for my new stang. I have also ordered some lowering springs that should be here any day now. With all this said, since I am an old school type of guy when it comes to Mustangs, in order to fit the 275's out back I am going to have to remove the quad shocks. Now usually this is no big deal, as I would normally just throw a set of South Side Bars out back to prevent the wheel hop. It seems that they have went out of business :lame: ..... so who makes a good quality LCA these days? Also, I will have to convert my car to 5lug for the rims, so who here has some extra 94/95 spindles?

2. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Re: New Rims

I don't think anyone with normal power on an SN95 has wheel hop after flipping the quad shocks. If I remember correctly, someone said the quadshocks were pointless from the beginning. :dunno: As far as the 5 lug thing goes, I'm pretty sure 94-present are five lug. :)

3. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

you are not in the "loop"

he has a Fox now.

4. St33da

St33da Active Member

I sold the 97 and now own a 90 GT...... sorry, I dont really have any good pics of the new Fox to make an Sig lol, I guess I should have stated that in my original post. :hammer:

5. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Oh yeah, now I remember the thread about you getting the fox. If you've got the money, I'd get some brakes too when you're doing the 5 lug conversion.

6. St33da

St33da Active Member

Ive given that some serious thought due to the extra weight that the new rims will have. I called a few local junk yards looking for some PBR Calipers, but it seems that they are in high demand around here and nobody has any.... I guess there is alway the parts store :dunno:

7. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

you will be fine with no quadshocks id just invest in some LCAs down the road.

8. Passenger

Passenger Well-Known Member

I'm pretty satisfied with my UPR chromoly non-adjustable UCA and ULA's on my '95. Like the D&D's that were on it before too.

9. 1Fast92FiveOh

1Fast92FiveOh New Member

If you can afford it go with Maximum Motorsports. I would stay away from the cheap stuff as people have posted problems with them. I have also heard good things about HPM Megabite Jrs

10. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

For the 5 lug swap, what else is needed? besides the axles....I was gonna order a kit, its like $400.00

11. St33da

St33da Active Member

well that depends on what wheels you want to run on your fox. You can just swap your rotors to 89 Lincoln Mark VII's or you can get 94/95 v6/gt spindles, rotors, calipers. If you choose the Lincoln rotors, you will be limited to the rims that will fit, some center caps wont clear the dust caps. Now there is a few ways to use the Lincoln rotors and still use most rims and still have the center caps. One option is to run a 1/4" wheel spacer, and the other requires grinding on the rotor and shortening the spindle stud a little. If you choose the SN parts instead of the Lincoln rotors, make sure you get 94/95 and not 96/98 as the 96/98 spindles push out the track width an extra 8mm or so.

And now for some random pic whoring :dancing6:

(Authentic Saleen Center Caps are on their way)
    [​IMG]

12. blackstangs281

blackstangs281 New Member

Looks good!

13. St33da

St33da Active Member

Thanks for all the compliments. A little update on my car, I got my Saleen Wing on. Havent installed my Springs yet, only because I dont have all of my 5lug conversion yet. No Tail Lenses because I am waiting on my 93 Cobra lenses from BOI. :dancing6: And yes, I know I am in desperate need of new Window Tint. Can someone Photoshop my car lowered 2", Silver Saleen Rims, Clear Corner Marker, and the Cobra Tails. I know that it will be done soon, but I am just so damn excited......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. St33da

St33da Active Member

nobody has the photoshop skills? :dunno:

15. scarface

scarface Guest

those cobra lights will look sweet!

16. St33da

St33da Active Member

yea, so much better than the cheese graters :gtfo:
    [​IMG]

17. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

Good Looking Fox you've got there.....I cant find my freakin camera battery to post pics of mine...How are you gonna do yer 5lug convo....snparts? Oh, yeah saleens are what i want also...Actually i want the 5lug swap so i can change wheels between my 98 & 89...

18. St33da

St33da Active Member

I bought new fox length axles from The Mustang Depot for the rear and am keeping drums for the moment. As for the front, I am just going to use the Lincoln rotors and machine them down so the Saleen Rims fit. I would love to go 94/95 spindles,rotors,calipers but its near impossible to find them at the junk yard anymore. :-\