new shots / 98 canary cobra

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 95PGTTech, Jun 12, 2007.

1. 95PGTTech

95PGTTech Well-Known Member

I am running out of wash and wax products, I like this as opposed to my probe. with both of our OCD personalities, with no desire to really over the top modify it, we're stuck with small mods, maintainence, cruising around for no purpose whatsoever, and detailing the crap out of it compulsively. :hammer:

finally got a few good shots. canon powershot a75 point and click on its last leg, I really need to get that D40 I've been wanting and take some summer photography classes. damn this thing needs a drop! it seems like the black headlights draw more attention to the 4x4 mode.

oh, and these DEPO headlights completely fixed our one concern with the car, which was the headlights. they now point straight and very bright. I'm not even switching them out for silverstars, the HID kit is on the way. found a crack in the rear right outer brake pad (causing that squeak) and putting in new u-joints really took up that drivetrain clunk. car feels almost like it's brand new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SMOKE

SMOKE Active Member

Very good looking ride. Always loved that color.

3. 95PGTTech

thanks! I'm not personally a big fan, especially at first, but it fits her perfectly (whereas black or DFG would fit me better). the side exhaust and rims just complete the package.

this body style is so sexy, the curves just truly make the car appear female. I've been drooling over a white 04 mach for awhile now, but having this car around is making me have second thoughts...and I like the underdog no-respect that sn95's get.

4. 95Boss

95Boss Active Member

Nice car. Love the color. Is that blue smoke coming out of the exhaust?

5. 95PGTTech

seafoam FTMFW...couldn't even feel the plates opening when we first got the car...now every 2000 miles. :naughty:

6. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

nice car O0

7. JonBeast

JonBeast Legend

Nice! I actually like those headlights...are they 2 piece projectors?

8. 95PGTTech

DEPO two piece projectors, as opposed to the single piece we had originally wanted. I am glad we went with the name brand, because they are a lot better quality than the clears that were on the car. we needed a new set of lights because two of the adjusters on the car had been broken. this set uses stock style adjusters and comes with a brand new replacement set. the settings right out of the box were good enough to drive in but we tweaked them a little once we got them on the car.

only criticism was the harness - you have to convert to 9005/9006 wiring, and there is an included kit. although the kit is well wrapped, well prepared, and looks nice (made for a super clean install, can't even see it on our car), the instructions were written by a foreigner (as in, super broken english). I wouldn't even say instructions - it is a one page diagram with a total of maybe 25 words on it. being a ford tech and fairly good with electrical, I figured it out no problem, as should any person with a working brain. attach the two relays, mount them to the car, secure the blue relay, plug the blue adapter into the stock wiring on the driver side, secure your stock passenger side wiring, attach the headlights, attach the grounds to the stock headlight grounds, attach the fusable power lines to battery. it is easiest to lay it out on the motor before you go splicing/grounding/routing anything to get a feel where everything is going. I was able to hide everything behind the battery or across the a/c condensor and under the shroud.

this is the eBay link I got them off of: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300114818861&rd=1,1

it took five buisness days to ship after I ordered at 8AM, but the box was packed like he was shipping dynamite and trying to protect it.

9. scott5

scott5 Active Member

Im liking those side pipes.. I am hoping to get a set soon.

10. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

Well at least your putting all that polish to good use. Nice car. O0

11. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

Nice Cobra!! Looks good O0

12. 95PGTTech

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the comments, we got a lot warmer reception on this forum than many others. I really need to get in there and clean up those side skirts more, the roads are really bad around here. :'(

- Julia

13. scarface

scarface Guest

looks amazing bud O0

14. S.O.B.

S.O.B. New Member

Great looking car!