New SN95 Cobra owner.

Reaction score
What’s up everyone. Name is Lou. I’m hoping I can get some help on here. So I detailed a 1996 Mustang Cobra a few years ago and told the owner that if she ever wanted to get rid of the car to contact me first. Well the owner just recently got in contact with me and said she’s ready to part with it. I’m hopefully going to pick it up on the 9th as an early Christmas gift to myself. As stated above its a 96’ SVT Cobra Laser Red in color. 1 owner original with 15k on the dial. Crazy right. Car was garage kept since the day they purchased it. Only been driven 300 miles since 2006 when I detailed it. It’s also supercharged with a Vortech supercharger and a few other add ons. So basically I’d like to know what I should look for if anything before taking the plunge and picking it up. Any specific issues or concerns I should be aware of and check. Like I said the car is pretty much mint but I figured I’d ask here and see what everyone has to say. I’m excited to finally own my dream car. Thanks guys.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like a great car. As always look for the basics. Leaks, strange sounds etc. With that being a supercharged car I can't remember if it's a self contained oil set up or if the oil pan is tapped. I would check the installation of the aftermarket stuff to make sure it's done right.

Good luck and I really hope it works out sounds like an awesome car

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like a great car. As always look for the basics. Leaks, strange sounds etc. With that being a supercharged car I can't remember if it's a self contained oil set up or if the oil pan is tapped. I would check the installation of the aftermarket stuff to make sure it's done right.

Good luck and I really hope it works out sounds like an awesome car

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Got it. Thank you. I hope it works out too. Can’t wait to pick it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Grab some pictures and post them up when you go look at it. That way we can look at it with you. Get some pictures under the engine, trans, rear end, suspension parts, detailed engine pictures, the works.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could use some polishing under the hood but with a little elbow grease on the intake, supercharger and intercooler it would look really nice.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve posted. Been busy with life. Well I have a few updates on the Cobra. Did a full tune up. Replaced the belt. Ran some fuel system cleaner through it. She’s running perfect. Now onto the fun stuff. Picked up a set of BC Coilovers and installed them over the weekend. While installing those noticed one of the ball joints was jacked so I decided to just order a set of BMR control arms from LMR. Those will be coming in tomorrow so I’ll install em over the weekend.

Here’s some pics and how it sits after the coils:

05597E4A-7AF6-4058-BFBA-A3001CE6613E.jpeg 6F5B0C85-7C39-4630-8BED-32A93C2F87E7.jpeg
057FD10F-4B9D-4355-B7B3-A0B02E544E9B.jpeg

5785770D-2675-4953-9E50-E4D59D9B63A1.jpeg

Sits about an inch or so lower all around which is perfect imo. Next up will be the wheels which are on back order but should be here by the end of the month.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
I knew a detailer :D

So... ...why did it need detailing in the first place? So much dust, the owner feared surface scratches if washed improperly?

Sorry just realized that “2006” was a typo. I detailed the car in 2016 not 2006. And I’m not sure tbh. The car sat garage kept for a long time. When I detailed it, it was dusty but the paint was in great condition. The lady I bought it from just liked taking it to car meets and such. The car originally belonged to her husband who passed away. Husband had planned to track the car as it has tons of goodies but never really had the opportunity to. That’s pretty much the extent of what I know.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
A little update on the car:

lower control arms are in. Wheels and tires are on. Now she will be off to the alignment shop tomorrow to get her going straight. Here’s a few pics I snapped today. Lmk what you guys think.

5CCBEE93-BE32-4D9F-97DE-58E3D4D197F6.jpeg

57E00BA7-DD15-465F-8B67-FC70F16D2A86.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online