New SN95 Member (S. Jersey)

Foot Pounds

Reaction score
Hi all,

After sitting for well over 10 years in a detached garage without attempting to start it, a friend of mind asked me if the car runs. I replied No...it's a retirement project and I'll work on it one day. He bugged me to try to start it and until I cracked and finally gave in. After connecting the jumper cables and cranking it several times she came to life! My friend laughed at me and said I looked like a kid in a candy store with tears in my eyes.

After seeing the white smoke from the exhaust, dry rotted tires, and plenty of evidence of mice, the rebuild project was on. Working from home due to the pandemic, I call this my COVID-19 project. All the money saved from not driving to work and not buying lunch everyday has been dumped into the project. When I purchased the car in 1995 (only new car I've purchased), I had a local speed shop perform many aftermarket upgrades for me. I'd planned on taking it to the track one day. Now since I try to do everything myself, I've since learned some of the upgrades I paid for weren't done, and many weren't done correctly!!! :confused:

Since purchasing the car I've probably paid more in aftermarket parts and repairs than I originally paid for the car! It's been a labor of love and I think I'm done until next summer, when I plan to replace the rusted brake and fuel lines. After reading through the other threads, I see that I'm not the only one with this obsession. I've learned, and continue to learn a lot, and I'm also building one heck of a tool arsenal!

~MY95GT

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
welcome
sounds about like my story , i am an original owner of a 95 , mine sat in a building for a few years till i was ready to rebuild it, do to someone wrecking it
always good to see that the original owners still have them from day one
if you have pics , you can post them ,
like to see what you have

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Since purchasing the car I've probably paid more in aftermarket parts and repairs than I originally paid for the car!

~MY95GT
Welcome to the addiction! or welcome back I should say. I have more money in an engine than I paid for my car lol. Its all fun and games until you want to go slightly faster.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Great story! Maybe start a build thread or members ride thread! It would make for a great starting thread.

Alot of us fall victim to placing the toys on hold while we handle life 1st. No shame in that.

Welcome along

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online