New spin on the old setup!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I finally got my exhaust redone Friday! I swapped to a BBK O/R X-pipe and kept my Magnapacks with the 4" tips at the axle. I'm in love with the new sound! No more labored sounding, it's a lot smoother even flow. The old exhaust went from 2.5" down to 2.25" at the old factory H-pipe then up to 3" going into the mufflers. I'll add some pics later on. Instead of having couplers added in front of my mufflers, we left the 3" attached and welded it straight to the back of the X pipe and removed the couplers. The tips still stop just in front of the axle and are kicked out to each side at an angle like before. Didn't get to snap any pics while it was on the lift but I'll get some soon for anyone interested. Anyhoo...here's a short video. Hoping to make a better/longer video with my buddy's GoPro in a couple weeks. Lemme know what you guys think!

[video=youtube_share;jEIrwaM0yFo]http://youtu.be/jEIrwaM0yFo[/video]

[video=youtube_share;WaHW95lOAdQ]http://youtu.be/WaHW95lOAdQ[/video]

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Sometimes the device recording has trouble picking up the actual tone as heard in real life. Def need the proper equipment when doing an exhaust clip. I get the idea from the clip. Nice man!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Way too quiet.

It's a lot louder in person, but it is still relatively quiet such as at idle and at cruising speeds. It comes alive around 3K.

Sometimes the device recording has trouble picking up the actual tone as heard in real life. Def need the proper equipment when doing an exhaust clip. I get the idea from the clip. Nice man!

Agreed definitely the problem here, it was filmed with an iPhone 6 on a windy day lol. I'm ready to do a GoPro video.

Is the first an exhaust or a music vid? Hard to focus lol

Lol was wondering who'd be the first to comment on that. It was my lame attempt at something that didn't turn out how I had hoped...music was a little louder than I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online