New Springs for my Convertible 1995 5.0

RaiderJatt02

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is the first time i'm posting on here and i have a question.

My dad bought my mom a 95 Saleen Mustang 5.0 clone for their anniversary a couple years ago. the problem is that the person that sold it to us put crappy springs in it.

So my question was that since I need to buy a new set of springs, what would your guys' suggestions be on a good quality set? i want it to handle pretty good, i dont care about a bumpy ride, i just don't want it to bottom out on every little bump i go over.

I also wanted to know how much of a drop are Saleen's springs from stock? because i have the saleen body kit and saleen 18" wheels and i want the new springs to be the same amount of a drop as a real saleen.

i've narrowed my selection down to either the Eibach Pro-Kit or the H&R Supersports

another question i had was that the Super Sport springs say that for the convertible it will drop it 2" and 1.6", while the Eibach's say 1.3" and 1.4".....and i want the springs to be pretty stiff. i was leaning a little bit more towards the SuperSports but is a 2" drop up front too much for the saleen kit? because i REALLY dont want it to bottom out like it does right now....it makes it so that there's no point in driving it at all because EVERY TINY little bump in the road makes the car bottom out

and if you want pics of the car its over here at my Cardomain

thanks for everyone's help

S.O.B.

Reaction score
Eibach pro kit is hard to beat. It will not lower it as much as the H&R's will, but I think your Mom would be happy with them. My daughter's 95 GT vert rides and handles better than my stock 95 GT coupe.

True94

Reaction score
I have Ford Motor Sports B spring on mine. Rides great! Here is a before and after.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I personally have saleen's and they are alright.... I hear that H&R are good.... the Sport or the SS... but the SS is a lower drop...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online