New to forum.....I don't understand.

giddyup50

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and have read some threads in here. I don't understand why you guys think the 94-98 Mustangs are the "bastard Stangs". Yes, I kknow, the 94-95's are heavier than the Fox 5.0's and because of that, alittle slower. But, they also have better braking, suspension, and basically a better built car. I also know that the 96-98's are slower because of the heads compared to the 99-04's. I'm a 87-93 guy, but I've never thought of the 94-98's as "bastard Stangs". I have thought of the 74-78 Stangs that way because they are basically a Pinto.

I love the Foxs but I think my next Mustang will be a 94-95 because of the newer style, braking, suspension, and since I have a kid now and I have been in a bad accident, I know the 94 and up Stangs are safer than the 87-93's. Plus, with the 94-95 you still get a 5.0 (tons of aftermarket)!! I guess I kind of understand what you guys mean about not getting the respect. I'm 33, and 10-15 years ago, the Fox 5.0's were the king, then the 94's came out and everyone wanted the "new and sleek" looking Stang. Even today, kids I know that are in high school now or college, I'll mention the 87-93's and they act like they are an old shoe box looking car, even the GT. I know the 87-93's are not as sleek looking as the 94 and up cars but there is just something about that bodystyle. I like it because it's not to busy with groundeffects (except the GT), just a clean look to it, kind of like the (DARE I SAY IT) 80's Chevy Malibu. Anyway, I think the 94-98 Stangs are just as good as any other Stangs. And sorry for the book I just wrote.

I tried to add myself on the map and had no luck. I clicked on it and the same screen poped up. Thank You.

Reaction score
I agree 100%, I pop my hood and everyone expects a 4.6 DOHC motor. They just go 'oh its just a 5.0', even though this is the fastest 5.0 around lol. I think of the 94/95 as the new foxes with better chassis, steering, and braking.

95Boss

Reaction score
"Bastard Stangs"? I was of the oipnion that pretty much everyone here agreed that the sn95's are the nicest and baddest Mustangs Ford ever made. I know you'll never convince me otherwise.

mousestanger

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like the smallblock (302 and 351 Windsor) and I like the SN95, so I now have my 4th '94-95. Verbal bashing is usually caused by envy, so "love your brother" and beat him on the track, in the shows or at the local hang out. Later.......mousestanger

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
no no no, I don't think people here think they're the bastard stangs...I think people recognize the need for mods to keep up with our competition (LT1, LS1, various non-ricer imports)...pretty much everyone here agrees the sn-95s are dead sexy cars but nobody wants 225 hp at the flywheel...I think that's where some of the "bastard" sentiment comes in...the fact that GM upped the ante big time w/the LT1 in 93 and ford didn't really respond until 99 when GM already upped it again w/the LS1...
at least, this is my opinnion for what I think was goin' on...gimme a 96-98 cobra and I'll be super happy for many years...

OP
OP
G

giddyup50

Reaction score
You guys sound like you feel the same way I do. The way I found out about this forum is that it was in Muscle Mustangs and it said this site was for SN95 owners who feel like their cars aren't appreciated. Then I checked out the site and alot of guys in here were saying that at shows and the track that nobody cares for the 94-98's. And they were calling them the "bastard Stangs". I don't think that. I think that every generation of Mustangs have their positives and negatives. Like I said before, I think the 94-95's are great because you get the best of both worlds, the 5.0, brakes, suspension, better built ccar. :banana:

OP
OP
G

giddyup50

Reaction score
95Boss said:
"Bastard Stangs"? I was of the oipnion that pretty much everyone here agreed that the sn95's are the nicest and baddest Mustangs Ford ever made. I know you'll never convince me otherwise.

Personally, I like the 87-93's. But the 99-04's are just mean looking, but too expensive. That's what I like about the 94-95's, you can get basically the same style as the 99-04's but alot cheaper and the best part....a 5.0!!

OP
OP
G

giddyup50

Reaction score
Rick said:
no no no, I don't think people here think they're the bastard stangs...I think people recognize the need for mods to keep up with our competition (LT1, LS1, various non-ricer imports)...pretty much everyone here agrees the sn-95s are dead sexy cars but nobody wants 225 hp at the flywheel...I think that's where some of the "bastard" sentiment comes in...the fact that GM upped the ante big time w/the LT1 in 93 and ford didn't really respond until 99 when GM already upped it again w/the LS1...
at least, this is my opinnion for what I think was goin' on...gimme a 96-98 cobra and I'll be super happy for many years...

Yeah, Ford always has been conservative in everything they do. 225hp and 300tq was great in a Fox that weighs 2700-3200 pounds. But in a car that weighs closer to 3500 pounds, it's a different story. I think it was pathetic that in 99 the Mustang ONLY had 260hp when the Maro/Bird had 305hp. The only way to get that (stock) was a Cobra. Now it's 07 and we still only get 300hp!! :lame: Not to mention they had to add an extra valve to do it :nonono: I think they should've just stuck with the 5.0 and 5.8 pushrod engines and just improve on them.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think they should've just stuck with the 5.0 and 5.8 pushrod engines and just improve on them.
[/quote]

YUP!!!

ripper

Reaction score
giddyup50 said:
You guys sound like you feel the same way I do. The way I found out about this forum is that it was in Muscle Mustangs and it said this site was for SN95 owners who feel like their cars aren't appreciated. Then I checked out the site and alot of guys in here were saying that at shows and the track that nobody cares for the 94-98's. And they were calling them the "bastard Stangs". I don't think that. I think that every generation of Mustangs have their positives and negatives. Like I said before, I think the 94-95's are great because you get the best of both worlds, the 5.0, brakes, suspension, better built ccar. :banana:

:eek: You sure thats what it said?

Well welcome to the best Mustang site there is bud. You will def like it here. :thumb:

OP
OP
G

giddyup50

Reaction score
Yes. I also have seen alot of it on this site aswell. I think if any Stang owners should feel like bastards, I would think that the 74-78 owners would feel that way.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rick said:
I think they should've just stuck with the 5.0 and 5.8 pushrod engines and just improve on them.

I use to feel that way too, because it has taken so LONG for them to get good numbers and respectable performance out of the modular cars. But with the Mach1 and its great natural aspirated 4 valve ( I wont even bring up the terminator :khobra: ) and now the 3 valve GT motor, the modular cars are getting some respect on the street. I think if these motors had been put in the cars BACK in 96 when the mods were first installed, it would have been a diffrent story about how modular suck and pushrods are the measuring stick. Can you imagine what the responce would have been if the 96 Cobra would have had the Terminator drivetrain in it :eek: :eek:

Who in their right mind would have pissed and moaned about the 240hp version of the 5.0 Cobra from 95 being ditched for the factory rated 380hp Blown 4 Valve engine that COULD HAVE been put in the 96 :bunny3: :bunny3: the modular would have not gotten the lack luster welcome that it got if this had been the case. Not to mention a 3 valve version for the GT with 300hp

rob10s2

Reaction score
TERMINATORS FTW!!!!! :hammer: every time i get the chance to drive my dads 04 mystic convertable, i pee my pants. the handling compared to our cars is like x4189+695269+84984

ryclef331

Reaction score
The 94-95's are considered the bastard children b/c of the odd ball parts that only came on those two years. Throttle bodies, Fuelpressure regulators, distributors, waterpumps, timing covers, so on and so on. Its these parts that are specific to JUST these two years that can make owning these cars a bit more difficult than owning just a 5.0. Call Ford and ask them how much it costs for a 94-95 Fuel Rail. Then when you shit your pants at the price, try to find one in a junkyard. THAT is why they're the bastard kids....not b/c of a lack of performance.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
The 94-95's are considered the bastard children b/c of the odd ball parts that only came on those two years. Throttle bodies, Fuelpressure regulators, distributors, waterpumps, timing covers, so on and so on. Its these parts that are specific to JUST these two years that can make owning these cars a bit more difficult than owning just a 5.0. Call Ford and ask them how much it costs for a 94-95 Fuel Rail. Then when you shit your pants at the price, try to find one in a junkyard. THAT is why they're the bastard kids....not b/c of a lack of performance.

That's the truth! Or when you find out about a certain part, from a certain manufacturer and look it up only to find out that it's made for every other year except 94-95

Downshift

Reaction score
The only 94-95 I have ever found in a junkyard were 2 V6s. Ive been the the one near my house probably 6 times the last year and a half and a few other ones and all I see are foxes.

S.O.B.

Reaction score
I knew when I decided to start looking for a Stang that it would be a 94/95 car because of the 5.0. Not knocking the mod engines at all, but I know more about and I am comfortable working on the pushrod engines. I guess after my daughter got her 95 GT vert back in 2000 is when I really got interested in these cars. All I need now is that big old stroker motor and a couple of hairdryers under the hood and i will be set!

95Boss

Reaction score
Issues relating to parts accessibilty for the '94's and '95 may be problematic. But, I still take pride in owning a car that is the last year of the 5 liter.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
95 BOSS,
Is that a registered BOSS? Just wondering because I just got mine registered and wanted to know how your dealings with team shinoda were.
BOS-94-003

94gtstang50

Reaction score
All I have to say is that love my stangs. I love my 5.0 for its awesome off the line torque, I love my 4.6 dohc because it is an animal, and I love my fox because it is a fun summer toy. First best thing about my 96, is seeing the look on the other guys face when he realises that the cobra he got beat by is from 96, is N/A and only has a bassani x-pipe as a performance mod (I still have a shitty paper filter installed). Second best thing is the price tag which normally is 1/4 of what they paid for their car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online