New to me parts today!

heavyfoot

Reaction score
I've had the car for a few months now and the only mods I've done are a little suspension work, some wheels and tires and a full exhaust which the car seriously needed cause the factory stuff was rotting from under the car lol. So I've been doing my research and since this is just a budget project, decoded to go with a gt40 setup like most others im on here. Started searching around and found a guy right down the road from me with a blown motor that was parting out.
Got a set of gt40p heads with upgraded springs and 1.72 rockers that supposedly have some port work done to them. I'll be bringing those to the machine shop down the road to get fully checked out and freshened up. I picked up a Mac inlet tube (not really that crazy about it cause it's chrome), 75mm mass air, 24# injectors, 70mm profession products TB (not much on this brand, but can work for now), and a cobra upper and lower intake.
He also through in some wires, gaskets, valve covers, and an intake spacer (not sure if I'll be using that or not).
All in all I think I got away with an amazing deal. I plan to get a TFS1 cam and go back with 1.6 RR and possibly a new inlet tune and find someone around the louisiana area for good tune.
orry for the long winded message, but really excited to finally get some go fast parts on the new project.
Let me know what u guys think and if there is anything u recommend for my budget build. Thanks for looking fellas!
ade6ata7.jpg

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Good stuff man I'm jealous! I've been on the lookout for the same setup. Where at in LA are you located? There's a pretty well-known guy around here in Oak Grove who tunes a bunch of vehicles from a pretty large area around northeast LA/southeast AR and MS, his shop is called MadTunes Racing. Depending on where you're from it might be something to check out.

OP
OP
heavyfoot

heavyfoot

Reaction score
Yeah I got a really nice deal on it cause the guy needed the cash.
I'm close Baton Rouge. I've nice heard of this place. Is there a website or somewhere I can take a look at his work?

OP
OP
heavyfoot

heavyfoot

Reaction score
Yeah I just looked it up and that's near Shreveport. There are a few shops in Baton Rouge area. I'm just looking for someone who has had experience getting one of these cars tuned there. Most cars being tuned local to me are modulars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online