New to me track car

Northern_XS

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi! Just picked up a 94 GT track car. I know the previous owner got a lot of good info off this site but not sure if he ever posted. A little bit about me, im 34 wife and two kids. always been a car guy but to be honest this is my first Ford. Started off with a few Nova's, a Camaro and then spent some time in the import world. Been drag racing since I was 16 and made the switch to road racing about 5 years ago. The plan is to finish up my NASA HPDE stuff with this car. Its got a bolt in Autopower cage but I have a shell with a SCCA spec cage. Once I get my comp license I will strip the this one down and move to the other car.

mustang2_zps977c94d5.jpg
mustang1_zps4c4985c0.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Looks a bit rough. What did you spend on it, if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
N

Northern_XS

Reaction score
oh she's a peach! the money was spent where its important. I wont say how much I spent but for what the car has in it, the spare caged shell and all of the extras I stole it.

myk

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the $450 price tag, but for me, as long as it's exactly what I want I don't mind paying for it. At this point I'm going to have to decide between my Kaenen and this other thing. Chances are that the Kaenen will win out on the count of being able to utilize factory wing holes. I'm lazy like that.

By the way, what are YOU running? I think I'm liking what I see there also...

RichV

Reaction score
Welcome! Your story sounds all too familiar. Except the 1st Ford part, I've been bred Ford blue since way early on!! :)

Anyways, I started HPDE at about your age coming from a drag background. Well, fast forward, I'm 43 and have been running with NASA since 2006. Started HPDE, got comp license and ran a little bit of SpecE30. Then went bck to my roots with a 89 Notch CMC car. Wrecked it, then bought a 94 GT which I'm getting together for this season. Took a year off last season and got my instructor license, ran a little TT in my 05 GT But I miss the wheel 2 wheel raci and will be back this year. Try to race and instruct, we'll see how it goes. Instructing is time consuming!

Looks like you have a decent base, hope it has some good suspension/chassis/brakes goodies. But if not, it's a Fox pushrod Mustang possibilities are endless.

OP
OP
N

Northern_XS

Reaction score
Thanks for the love guys! I'll get some more pics up soon. As far as mods go the suspension is eibach shocks with 600lb springs front and 450lb rears, adj pan hard, camber/castor plates, 1 1/8 front sway bar, C5 vette 13" front brakes and a bump steer kit. Factory diff for now. Its a mild heads cam 302. Nothing fancy but she works well. And of course the Griggs spoiler ;) plans for now are just getting her sorted. New oil pan is taking up the space where the clutch cable used to be, few things here and there.

myk

Reaction score
AWESOME. This is where function has a beauty that form can't touch...

wmfateam

Reaction score
Welcome. Always good to see a fellow road racer. Good luck with the build up / part switching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online