New to SN95 Forum, from Central Alabama

5SPD GT

Reaction score
Hey everyone, My name is Tim (AKA) 5SPD GT. I am currently deployed and serving our country in Afghanistan. I just recently picked up a 1999 Mustang GT Convertible off of Craigslist while deployed over here. I had my mechanic friend go check it out, he stated everything was solid and so he picked it up for me for $3900.00. I have never had a convertible before so this is new ground for me on this purchase. To be honest, my 8 year old little girl wanted a vert to cruise with daddy! I am big time car buff and enjoy spending my off time tinkering with cars and hotrods. This car is just going to be a beat around town car, cruise in's, cars shows, drive to the beach etc.. But that's not to say that I am not going to do some mods. Car already came with some minor mods. Short Throw, X-Pipe, Flow Master Cat Back, after market wheels/tires. So my first mod that I am going to do is add some BC Racing BR Coil Overs. Yep, I guess I am going to be the "One" for the forum that try's these out. I was going to do H&R SS's but wanted to try something different this time. My mechanic received them yesterday, so we will so how it goes. He's going to send some pic's after install. Anyhow, you can follow my other post on how that is coming along. Well, down to 40 days until I get back home after a 6 month stint here. Looking forward to start tinkering on the car myself and meeting some forum members and getting ya'lls advise. Take Care, lookin forward to the forum..

Past Few Toys Over The Last Decade:
2013 Dodge Challenger
2006 Dodge SRT-10
2003 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2003 Chevrolet Corvette
1993 Ford Mustang GT
1990 Ford Mustang GT
1986 Ford Mustang SVO (Should have kept this one)
1980 Chevrolet Corvette

Pic's of the 1999 Vert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.