New to SN95

kiloms

Reaction score
Howdy!

My first car was a base 96 v6 Mustang with an Automatic. Bought it with 208k miles when I was 15 for $1200. The car was in excellent condition, soon after buying it I saw a Mustang GT riding around town that looked "AWESOME," as I described it...so I set out to make my v6 look like that car's clone. (Z28 on the plates...what are the chances)

Here's the final product of my old v6:
4vvOss8.jpg

I'll own up to this one, I cut the turn too hard backing up and took some paint. (16 yo driving battle scar)
fpnFgE7.jpg

When I still had the v6, I had a chance to talk to the owner of the GT I had my eyes on and told her if she ever sells it... to please let me know. Low and behold, 6 years later she wants to sell it: Broken transmission, cracked leather seats, Ford's peeling paint, and EVERY service record since she purchased it new in 1996. :grin:

I couldn't pass it up, since I brought it home on the trailer I had the transmission rebuilt with J-Mod (mildly aggressive), Disassembled the entire car and had it repainted factory Crystal White, threw on some Cobra headlights and euro-clear fogs to match, welded in SLP LM2's with factory pipes, and replaced the broken sway bar with one off a Cobra. (I couldn't believe how much more fun this made the car)

Here is a before and after:
QrJswqr.jpg

This was before the paint...
f5AcESX.jpg

And finally...she's back in the game:

2JvdOoD.jpg

I'm happy to have found this forum, nice to see other sn95'ers. This GT has some miles, nearing the 210k+, although I know it was well-maintained and not abused. It's not my DD, and I know it isn't the fastest thing on the road by any means, but it sure is an exciting toy and reminds me of my first Stang.

My plans are: Offroad X-Pipe, New Rear End with 4.10's, Leaning towards 17x9/17x10.5 Anthracite FR500s, (although chrome saleens would look slick), Cold Air Intake, PI Head Swap, and new seats. (Thinking about new foam and Vinyl covers, anyone done this themselves?)

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Clean car. I love the split spokes on the white.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Good looking car, that's pretty cool u got to buy the car that you had your eye on.

OP
OP
K

kiloms

Reaction score
Cool story. I like the plans for it. I say go hyperblack saleens instead of chrome. U'd love them.

I just looked at the Hyper-black Saleens...Those would look sexy on the white. My DD is a white Titan Pro-4x with Dark Metallic rims...they would look pretty clean next to one another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online