New to the forum

94scstang

Reaction score
I have had a 94 GT I bought in 2002 I swapped the engine with a built 352" dart block and installed a Cartech kit 72MM single turbo. Broke the Manual TKO transmission in 2007 parked the thing on a flatbed trailer been sitting for years. I planned on putting in a PG this thing made 680HP at the rear wheels. Never got around to finishing up with it. The question is do I get this PG going and get it running again or sell it as a project car. Has a 10pt roll cage racing seats. It will do 9 sec with a decent transmission. I have lost interest in cars I really want to buy an airplane now wife wants my cars sold first. I don't know what this thing would be worth probably not much. The dart block alone is worth money it has custom ross pistons, billet crank and H-beam rods the engine could handle a larger turbo easy. Heads are hand ported AL racing heads don't remember the manufacture.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Wow, you were here in the early days of the forum! At face value, you'd probably do better selling the engine & PG separate and listing the car as a roller. If you were to keep it, I would push for a 6r80 setup with a Quick 6 Controller.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a 94 GT I bought in 2002 I swapped the engine with a built 352" dart block and installed a Cartech kit 72MM single turbo. Broke the Manual TKO transmission in 2007 parked the thing on a flatbed trailer been sitting for years. I planned on putting in a PG this thing made 680HP at the rear wheels. Never got around to finishing up with it. The question is do I get this PG going and get it running again or sell it as a project car. Has a 10pt roll cage racing seats. It will do 9 sec with a decent transmission. I have lost interest in cars I really want to buy an airplane now wife wants my cars sold first. I don't know what this thing would be worth probably not much. The dart block alone is worth money it has custom ross pistons, billet crank and H-beam rods the engine could handle a larger turbo easy. Heads are hand ported AL racing heads don't remember the manufacture.
Damz, got me beat on forum age...lol.

b1pig

Reaction score
Wow, you were here in the early days of the forum! At face value, you'd probably do better selling the engine & PG separate and listing the car as a roller. If you were to keep it, I would push for a 6r80 setup with a Quick 6 Controller.

This is good advice. I don't know how the market is in your area, but built SBF engines don't seem to last long on FB marketplace around me. Most are gone within a month. Rollers, though... depends on who is shopping.
Good luck with your sale. Personally, I'd love to get a Sonex kit or a Kitfox.... but I'm not ready to separate from my Jeep, Mustang and motorcycle yet. Which begs the question... what plane are you planning on shopping for?

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Might find the right person. Do a trade of the car with a plane. That could be an option to look into

OP
OP

94scstang

Reaction score
This is good advice. I don't know how the market is in your area, but built SBF engines don't seem to last long on FB marketplace around me. Most are gone within a month. Rollers, though... depends on who is shopping.
Good luck with your sale. Personally, I'd love to get a Sonex kit or a Kitfox.... but I'm not ready to separate from my Jeep, Mustang and motorcycle yet. Which begs the question... what plane are you planning on shopping for?
Wife wanted a 67 C-10 Short bed we got one in 2004 in 2011 I started on it body was rough, and I had no idea about body work. We moved to a nicer neighborhood found out neighbors don't like the smell of Epoxy Primer or makeshift paint booths. I had a 499 BBC built for it theme is going to be old school hotrod no electronics. Anyway, that is still in progress body is done putting it back together.

I picked up a 2007 Jeep JKRU in 2014 got sidetracked with 4 wheeling ended up with 37s 3 1/2 Metalcloke suspension full cage inside. My problem is I take things too far end up being too complicated lose interest. The Jeep probably go up for sale guys I used to go out with wheeling all moved on. Nothing much to see anymore here all the cool stuff has been burned down or vandalized in the Arizona desert. The problem is a nice jeep won't last long wheeling on rocks. If I were to ever do hardcore wheeling here again, I would buy something that is for thrashing on like an converted CJ with 4 links on 40" tires with chevy engine in it.

Seen a few of those on the trails kind of Jeep you can just weld a cup holder to the body and not worry about it. Always also been into RC planes so have some 1/3 scale stuff also have a class 3 collection also and a Dillon reloader even that has gotten too expensive to shoot. Wife wants me to reduce the hobbies I kind of agree.

Been looking at lot of aircraft haven't gotten my PPL yet have to get though the FAA class 3 medical have a few issues with that still don't know if I will go light sport might even just get my glider PPL I don't need a medical for either of those. Problem right now is FAA is running 8-10 months getting back on deferred medicals. It can end up being a nightmare if they want medical tests done. It's really dumb stuff that happened 20 years ago they want you to go through all the same tests you had done by doctors 20 years ago like it happened yesterday. Even worse is can't talk to them on a phone all done by letter really stupid.

Been looking at Just Aircraft Highlanders, SuperSTOL, Kitfox, Zenith 701's, Chinook SJ DR that is a pusher aircraft its odd-looking plane visibility is amazing like flying in helicopter. I don't mind a 2 stroke engine probably get a 670 CC Rotax from guy in Florida Rotax Rick he hopped them up to 92 HP almost as much as a 912. There is always a Yamaha APEX turbo engine local guy sells the gear box here in Buckeye, AZ. These pushers really don't need more then 100 hp. It's way different then performance cars with aviation 100HP is good enough most of these fabric planes that weigh 800 lbs. With the PPL I could rent 172 take the wife somewhere where the LSA liked of limited hardly any light sport rentals.

b1pig

Reaction score
I only got 30hrs in on my PPL before I chose to pull the plug. Funds were low, life was changing and I had to redirect the money elsewhere. I was flying rented C150's at a local FBO. If I start over, I'm buying my own plane first. Particularly in today's economy. I'm in the deep south, so I didn't have much issue with altitude except on very high density altitude days... even in the 150. My choices are all homebuilt experimental, currently. There aren't many certified aircraft I'd buy. Mainly because I'd probably buy a trailer to store it in and fold the wings.

Good luck on your journey.
I was pretty deep down the Jeep rabbit hole many years ago. Been to Moab twice, Tellico twice before the state shut the ORV area down and sold it (Now there are houses on Trails 4 and 6). Badlands at Attica once.... I miss the adventure. MY JK hasn't seen more than a wet dirt road or farm duty since 2010. I'm not prepared to let my Jeep, go though. Even if it is a gutless pile of crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.