New to the forums, heres my Cobra

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Just signed up here at sn95forums and I really like it alot. So heres some pictures of my car.

Picture037.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture025.jpg

And my favorite

Picture045.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow your car looks good! i loveeee the color. im guessing you went or are still going to wyotech? how do you like it? once i graduate next year, im considering wyotech or UTI.. i cant decide yet.

i have a couple questions for you too, what wheels are those and what are the sizes? how much of a drop is on your car? and are you using wheels spacers of any sort in the back? great looking car man. im saving up for wheels right now and im kinda curious to know.

edit :: welcome to the forums as well.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow love what you've done with the stang, those wheels look great, everythings very subtlen which I like, that colors awesome and looks super clean with the blk leather!

So what year is it 98? whats all done to her? Too many cobras on here making me feel obsolete!

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Yes I went to Wyotech and to be honest with you I really did not like it, wasted alot of money on it and in the end I honestly just regret going. Sure I work in a bodyshop now but I couldve gotten to where I am now just through hard work and dedication by applying to any shop. Granted it gave me some of the skills that I have used to help me advance through the shop but in the end Im still not sure if it was worth it.

For your questions, it is a 98(the only year Cobras were made in Bright Atlantic Blue) the drop is H&R Super Sports and overall I am pretty happy with the drop. I think Ill take the top isolator out of the front to see if itll drop it alittle more, the front just isnt exactly how I like it. The wheels are actually just the factory 98 Cobra wheels (17x8) that I repainted. I like em ok I guess but what I really want are some chrome 18' Roush rolling stock. The car does have H&R 1 1/2' spacers on the rear.

As for the other mods, I started the modding with an MGW shifter with the Cobra composite race knob and Ford Racing 4:10s. Shouldve gone 4:30s. Next was the JLT CAI, i dont have any pictures of it but it is also BAB, kind of a cool touch. A MAC catted H pipe and SLP Loud Mouth have finished off any hint of power mods so far. Maximum Motorsports LCAs and KYB AGX shocks were the last things I installed. Just yesterday my transmission puked on me though so I think the car is gonna be down for a bit.

Thanks again for all the compliments and Im really looking forward to spending some more time on your kickass forums.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Thanks man I like your car too. Are those 18' 03 chromies? They look really good.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
man, those wheels are bad looking man. i was going to ask if they were the stock cobra's but the paint through me off there. im lookin for some 18" saleens, roushes will look great on your car though. everyone here is steering me towards the h&r springs, now im pretty sure ill have to get them. i agree with takin out the isolators up front, make sure to post some pics up of your engine work and after you get it dropped and definitly if you get the roushes.

thanks for tellin me about wyotech too, my sisters friend just graduated from UTI about a year ago and he loved it so i may give it a shot. sorry to hear you didnt get your money's worth though.. great looking car though man.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Thanks dude. Yea you live and learn and I guess going to school out west was just another one of lifes lessons. If/when I get my Roush wheels Ill most likely sell these wheels because I really wont have any use for them, especially once I start making power...last time I checked an 8 inch wheel was more or less useless when it comes to putting the good stuff to the ground. So when that happens Ill let you know, theyd look sick on your car, and I could cut you an awesome deal.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Boze wheels Matt? Ive never heard of em. Yea the Roush wheels are a bit pricey but I think they are worth it for several reasons. One they are just friggin gorgeous, and two you dont see em too often, atleast not around here.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
what did you use to paint them? any protective clear on em? hold up well?

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
what did you use to paint them? any protective clear on em? hold up well?
Its a single stage black over the whole wheel, then I taped off the inset of the spokes and painted the face of the wheel Hyper Silver. The silver is a funny color, it changes colors with the light and it also depends how much of the silver you use. The more silver you put over the black the lighter it gets, but the less the color flops with the lighting. Then I cleared the whole wheel with PPG 2021.

Alloy wheel repair is actually my job at the body shop where I work so this was kinda just a little side project I did.

Heres a closer shot of them. I washed the car about 2 days before that and I drive it alot so that shows you how little the dust builds up on em. The reason painted wheels collect brake dust so bad is because factory wheels finishes are usually pretty shitty. If you just lay the clear nice and wet so it dries somewhat smooth the brake dust doesnt accumulate nearly as much. And when it finally does all you gotta do to clean em is spray any wheel cleaner on them and rinse it off, no scrubbing needed
DSC03203.jpg

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Oh and on a side note if you are ever interested in having something like this, or anything custom done to a set of wheels you may have lying around just let me know. Id be more than glad to work with you on getting them and doing what you want with them.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well im wanting the gun metal look all over, i graduated TSTC with my custom paint and autobody degree, i just dont have a place to spray or the time. looks great tho, i really wish i had the time damnit.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
if i wasnt already set on 18's, id definitly be sending you my cobra wheels for the same treatment. i just think the 17's look to small.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya man, I am set on some 18s as well but I just did this for the hell of it. Hey KBGT, where are you located? And what is TSTC?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Im in Dallas. TSTC is basically WyoTech for Texas. Texas State Technical College. I have a set of mint 98 cobras with BFG Gforce tires. i like the wheels and all, they are just too plain for me. and like i said i dont have a place or the time to make them come out emaculate like yours. I wish i could work something out. So little time with very little money

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Damn, thats one beautiful snake, wheels look great too, love what you did with them.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn the car looks great. I love that blue. The wheels are a great acent to the blue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online